Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thrilled new M3 Owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After several years of waiting, I took delivery of my brand new Tesla today... a 2020 SR+ M3... around 5pm here in LA. Loving it already! Much smoother ride than I expected. My test drive weeks ago wasn’t sufficient for me to get a great feel for the ride. I’ve always had BMW 5-Series. I wouldn’t say that it is on that level, but it’s not far off. It handles more like an 3-Series. Great at handling curves. Also, the regenerative braking sets it over the edge for me.:. I love it the one pedal driving!

It seems Tesla fixed much of the noise issues I’ve seen complaints about for highway driving. My highway ride was quiet as one could expect an electric car to be. Much quieter than an engine.

Srill have to play around with the display for a while and see how it all works. It seems pretty intuitive overall though.

if anyone has any “must-have” accessories you think I should check out, please share links! Also, any must-have apps. Thx!

I’m planning to fully outfit the car next week!

Wanted to share the joy here, especially since folks have been so helpful. Happy New Year and New Decade to all!

Some images from today

Attachments

• 9A707342-90F0-419F-8C96-D22C544389D3.jpeg
    9A707342-90F0-419F-8C96-D22C544389D3.jpeg
    306.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 2A0B18BA-64BC-42C5-8879-F62CB54A9F3E.jpeg
    2A0B18BA-64BC-42C5-8879-F62CB54A9F3E.jpeg
    423.2 KB · Views: 129
  • 1D47E179-2967-4D71-9CD4-2A585E15B9C2.jpeg
    1D47E179-2967-4D71-9CD4-2A585E15B9C2.jpeg
    442.5 KB · Views: 124
  • ABACD81A-69B0-4DA8-82C7-761D623A8DC3.jpeg
    ABACD81A-69B0-4DA8-82C7-761D623A8DC3.jpeg
    398.5 KB · Views: 121
I bought wireless charging pad for my iPhone. There are couple of threads here that have lists of items to consider such as floor mats, screen protector, 3D printed cup holders, mud guards. Enjoy and have fun.
Thx! I was considering all of those items. Just need to hunt for the best price/quality.

I also want paint protection film for the front end and a center console wrap (maybe carbon fiber). Ive seen several owners do the chrome delete. I like chrome though, especially on the door handles. When did chrome become less attractive?!? Haha

I’ll browse the threads. Looking for the best vendors in terms of quality and price.

I bought them on Amazon. Lots of different brands are available, but when you look closely, most look the exact same, so they probably all come from the same factory in China. I had to tweak them a bit to fit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07NXF1QJF/ref=cm_cr_srp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8
Thanks. How was your installation process? The reviews are not so good, and it all seems to be focused n the installation process and how it doesn't fit properly, plus removal is difficult and ends up with pieces lodged.

Congrats!

Only accessory I would immediately recommend is a screen protector. Trunk/frunk/car all weather mats second.
Which screen protector did you go with? I've been advised to definitely go for high quality on this one.

I'm in Los Angeles, so weather will never be a problem for me in terms of snow. I don't go skiing or anything like that.
But, I do want to get good mats for normal dirt/rain/mud. Happy to check out any of your suggestions. Just doing research now.

Which screen protector did you go with? I've been advised to definitely go for high quality on this one.

I'm in Los Angeles, so weather will never be a problem for me in terms of snow. I don't go skiing or anything like that.
But, I do want to get good mats for normal dirt/rain/mud. Happy to check out any of your suggestions. Just doing research now.

[Version 2] Tesla Model 3... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078W5RBYB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

You probably don’t need car mats if you don’t have kids and aren’t doing anything crazy. But the trunk mat may be useful and the frunk comes bare. I went with the max spider 3D ones that a lot of people get.

Reactions: CyranoBleu