Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time displayed is off 1 hr (timezone) during a road trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland
Hopefully this helps others searching.

PROBLEM:
Last month we road tripped to NC. We came back to IL and oddly when crossing the timezone into Central our car's clock did not fall back 1 hr.
We've done various roadtrips out east and out west and the timezone changes have been flawless.
We've had a couple of OTAs since then and the time changed today. It is still off by one hour (ET vs CT).
Did all the types of reboots and even unhooked the 12v battery and first responder loop but that did not cause it to be resync'd.

SOLUTION:
A 3rd party tech: "Just press and hold the time shown for about 5 seconds and it will re-sync the time." -- worked
Note: a quick press will bring up the calendar. I didn't know but discovered it by accident looking for a solution.

• Informative
Reactions: mxnym
Hopefully this helps others searching.

PROBLEM:
Last month we road tripped to NC. We came back to IL and oddly when crossing the timezone into Central our car's clock did not fall back 1 hr.
We've done various roadtrips out east and out west and the timezone changes have been flawless.
We've had a couple of OTAs since then and the time changed today. It is still off by one hour (ET vs CT).
Did all the types of reboots and even unhooked the 12v battery and first responder loop but that did not cause it to be resync'd.

SOLUTION:
A 3rd party tech: "Just press and hold the time shown for about 5 seconds and it will re-sync the time." -- worked
Note: a quick press will bring up the calendar. I didn't know but discovered it by accident looking for a solution.
With quite a few trips across Illinois/Indiana border, it sometimes takes up to an hour to display the correct time zone on its own. I did not know about the press and hold time. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: scottf200