Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time for action - Delivery Delays Because of Missing/Faulty ECU Charge Module

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla manual says leaving car uncharged can result in damage that the owner is responsible for! Go look it up.

I already laid all this out, from the opinion of someone who has owned a model 3 since 2018, and has read almost every thread here in the model 3 subforum (some multiple times) since 2018.

Yes it does say that, but it doesnt say "for a month" or give any time frame. You are also assuming there is the same amount of drain in an undelivered car as one an owner might have, that could have third party apps running, stuff plugged in draining the 12v, etc etc.

There should not be an issue with these cars for at least 3 months, and likely not even then, depending on what the starting battery charge was.

There is a battery warranty of 8 years or 120k miles at 70% retention. That wont change on these cars. If that is not enough for you, then you need to decide what to do. My advice though, would be if you might want to re consider the purchase at all, because batteries ARE going to degrade, and if you are super duper stressed about it before you even get the car, even after the information laid out, that likely wont change after you get the car either and no car is worth a ton of stress.

Anyway, with that, I will wish everyone good luck with their decision, and will exit from this thread.

I already laid all this out, from the opinion of someone who has owned a model 3 since 2018, and has read almost every thread here in the model 3 subforum (some multiple times) since 2018.

Yes it does say that, but it doesnt say "for a month" or give any time frame. You are also assuming there is the same amount of drain in an undelivered car as one an owner might have, that could have third party apps running, stuff plugged in draining the 12v, etc etc.

There should not be an issue with these cars for at least 3 months, and likely not even then, depending on what the starting battery charge was.

There is a battery warranty of 8 years or 120k miles at 70% retention. That wont change on these cars. If that is not enough for you, then you need to decide what to do. My advice though, would be if you might want to re consider the purchase at all, because batteries ARE going to degrade, and if you are super duper stressed about it before you even get the car, even after the information laid out, that likely wont change after you get the car either and no car is worth a ton of stress.

Anyway, with that, I will wish everyone good luck with their decision, and will exit from this thread.

That I would never in a million years do that, for a product that I still intended to own, from a company that is the only one that provides support for it and that has a CEO that has proven to be vindictive.

Whats the BEST possible outcome? You get your car "prioritized" by someone rushing a part for your car, AND you get your account branded on the back end of teslas systems as a troublemaker.

You will never get "good will" on anything, and everyone in tesla will see notes in your account that specify that you are to be supported "exactly how the warranties describe", or said another way, you will only get "what they have to do" instead of "what they CAN do" which is almost never the same thing in any organization.

Whats the WORST possible outcome? Your delivery date doesnt change, and your account gets branded the same way above.

I have no knowledge of teslas internal policies, but I have either performed, or managed people who perform customer service for my entire working career (and I am in my 50s). If people think "there is no way the above description happens" I am here to tell you that "problem customers" absolutely get marked and identified by any customer service organization, and a writing campaign, emailing a bunch of executives and news organizations would absolutely mark you as a "problem customer".

So, "comments" are, dont do it, if you intend on buying the car anyway, from a single source manufacturer that also performs all service. A smear campaign (which is what you are advocating) will just brand you.

Just my opinion though, you gotta do whatever you think makes you happy in this regard.
You do make a good point. I'm still in a wait and see mode at the moment. It's been a month. The Tesla site says financing approval is good for two months, depending on the institution maybe longer.

Do you honestly think this is a problem they are ignoring or that the higher-ups don't know about?
I think they're not aware of the impact on customers beyond the wait game. Yes, they're overwhelmed, backed up, supply chain issues - basically extreme success for Tesla, but not a good excuse for poor customer service. In my case it took 7 days for the Tyson's group to contact me in response to a text message on the delay. No response on an e-mail message to them recently after a week. The profit margin on these cars is high enough that someone at the local facilities can respond in a more timely manner.

• Disagree
Reactions: SageBrush
I think they're not aware of the impact on customers beyond the wait game. Yes, they're overwhelmed, backed up, supply chain issues - basically extreme success for Tesla, but not a good excuse for poor customer service. In my case it took 7 days for the Tyson's group to contact me in response to a text message on the delay. No response on an e-mail message to them recently after a week. The profit margin on these cars is high enough that someone at the local facilities can respond in a more timely manner.
Sorry, but it's a choice about how much to spend on customer service staffing and the information systems that would be required to support them with quality information. At this point they probably feel as if every cancelled order creates a bigger profit opportunity, reselling the car at a higher price point. Only if they are thinking out 5-10 years are they worried about satisfaction with customer service. That time scale isn't within Elon's attention span I suspect.

Sorry, but it's a choice about how much to spend on customer service staffing and the information systems that would be required to support them with quality information. At this point they probably feel as if every cancelled order creates a bigger profit opportunity, reselling the car at a higher price point. Only if they are thinking out 5-10 years are they worried about satisfaction with customer service. That time scale isn't within Elon's attention span I suspect.
Sadly so very true. Having manage a company with thousands of employees and client their strategy is hardly based on long term client satisfaction. It seems quite the opposite. So sad when a basically great product is dragged down by lack of simple communication. Guess I am just getting old , ha

This charge port delay is soooooooo frustrating!
i have called Tesla customer support numerous times trying to get answers regarding knowing when the charge port should arrive... it just feels like it should be 'knowable' information.
I tried not to be 'too' cranky about the fact that I am paying insurance on the car I haven't received yet, and I sold my M3 so am now without a car for a month.... They say they will not reimburse for such things.
Hopefully I'm not on the 'Pain In The A$$' customer list :cool:

I've seen several articles recently that allude to supply chain issues as the cause for the delay of final deliveries and missing/faulty components. It's not a supply issue if people are receiving cars with the components while others are still in a holding pattern. This is nothing more than a matter of priorities on the part of Tesla. Supplies are prioritized for the assembly line to keep the number of cars rolling so that projections for Wall Street will be met. If they take away great numbers of components to solve the issues with cars sent out of the production facility, the number of new cars will decrease and they'll miss the mark.

I've been waiting for final delivery from Tysons facility in VA since the first week of May. I'm giving it one more week before I start my writing campaign. LinkedIn and FaceBook are wonderful places to discover who does what at a company such as Tesla? What if we all started contacting and sending messages to the same group of key people at Tesla corporate headquarters and a couple of people at NBC News? I know this won't solve the immediate problem but it might make this less of a problem for buying a new Tesla in the future. Maybe some Internet and news feed buzz will cause Tesla to wake up, provide more information about delays and give their customers a better time estimate as to when their car will be released for delivery. I'm going to spend time this weekend putting together a list of contacts for Tesla and NBC News. Comments?
I've seen several articles like this. It's not a supply issue if people are receiving cars with the components while others are still in a holding pattern. This is nothing more than a matter of priorities on the part of Tesla. Supplies are prioritized for the assembly line to keep the number of cars rolling so that projections for Wall Street will be met. If they take away great numbers of components to solve the issues with cars sent out of the production facility, the number of new cars will decrease and they'll miss the mark.
This charge port delay is soooooooo frustrating!
i have called Tesla customer support numerous times trying to get answers regarding knowing when the charge port should arrive... it just feels like it should be 'knowable' information.
I tried not to be 'too' cranky about the fact that I am paying insurance on the car I haven't received yet, and I sold my M3 so am now without a car for a month.... They say they will not reimburse for such things.
Hopefully I'm not on the 'Pain In The A$$' customer list :cool:
Same situation here. Don't worry about being on a hit list. They're so overwhelmed they wouldn't have time to put one together.