Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time from install to PTO (PG&E)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any recent experience with how long it takes from the time the installation is complete until the time you can turn the system on?

My Solar install was complete over 7 weeks ago (county inspection complete a week after install) but has just been sitting there gathering dust. I tried to contact someone at Tesla but they aren't very responsive and I can't figure out how to get status directly from PG&E since Tesla submitted the request. I did get a text back from someone at Tesla saying PG&E rejected the agreement at least twice and they had to re-submit several times. Is this normal?

You can call the PG&E Solar Customer Service center at 1-877-743-4112 and ask them about the status of your interconnect application. This is especially useful when PG&E is waiting on something from Tesla. Of course, then you will have to poke Tesla to get them to complete the application.

Does anyone have any recent experience with how long it takes from the time the installation is complete until the time you can turn the system on?

My Solar install was complete over 7 weeks ago (county inspection complete a week after install) but has just been sitting there gathering dust. I tried to contact someone at Tesla but they aren't very responsive and I can't figure out how to get status directly from PG&E since Tesla submitted the request. I did get a text back from someone at Tesla saying PG&E rejected the agreement at least twice and they had to re-submit several times. Is this normal?

Mine went through one update round between PG&E and Tesla. Took about 6 weeks total. Both companies are really busy processing not only the recent installations but installations from the beginning of the year. Ours was completed in April and took until August to get the final expectation. And then on to PTO.

Last edited:
I got my PTO from PGE two weeks ago, exactly 1 week after I paid Tesla for the full amount due. A few hours after I paid I got the email from PGE to eSign documents. You should have gotten an email with the case number and should be able to call the PGE number miimura posted above to get status.

Thanks for the info everyone. I did get the email with the reference number over a month ago but there wasn't a contact phone number in the email. I'm going to call the number miimura posted first thing Monday morning and try to figure out what''s going on.

hopefully good news for you. I had inspection done by tesla and county. got notice from PGE that they received application 3 days later. Got PTO email from PGE 2 working days later. They did not CC Tesla on the email though for some reason so I could not access the Tesla app until I called tesla and had them activate it after i forwarded the email to them

It's been 30 days since my solar + PW install was completed. So going on 4 weeks now waiting for PTO. Then realized it might have to do with final payments. So, I just did something I never thought I could do. Put $21k onto my Marriott AMEX for points. Damn.

You haven’t been asked to pay after the install? From what I understand nothing gets processed until payment is received. Guessing part of those funds also pay the utility for their final review of the plans before granting PTO.

Received inspection today and passed. Now on to PTO. Hope the wait isn’t long. Keep watching for our final bill email/text from Tesla to start the process.

Congrats! For us, it was not long at all. The email showed up really quickly with the link to pay. After we paid, PG&E acknowledged receiving a PTO request from Tesla in less than an hour.

Congrats! For us, it was not long at all. The email showed up really quickly with the link to pay. After we paid, PG&E acknowledged receiving a PTO request from Tesla in less than an hour.

My husband reached out to them about paying and got a reply that they were super busy sending out invoices and we should get one soon but might be a slight delay. Guess that says something about the volume of installs.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
You haven’t been asked to pay after the install? From what I understand nothing gets processed until payment is received. Guessing part of those funds also pay the utility for their final review of the plans before granting PTO.
So after my install, I got a link to pay. I ignored it for a while trying to figure out how to pay.

PGE came out a week later and I passed inspection. So yep, I got inspected before I paid up.