Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats for those who received their MX. I will be getting mine today. For the inspection did you use a delivery Checklist and how long did they allow you to inspect the car? Thanks.

I did not use a checklist. I've never been super-anal about inspections. My wife and I did a thorough run around the outside of the car, sat in, looked at, and adjusted all seven seats, made sure the UMC, hitch, and sunshade were there, etc.

As far as time, no one at Tesla rushed us. We asked if we could inspect before signing and they not only did that but gave the car orientation before signing so we had even more time in the car before we signed/paid.

I did not use a checklist. I've never been super-anal about inspections. My wife and I did a thorough run around the outside of the car, sat in, looked at, and adjusted all seven seats, made sure the UMC, hitch, and sunshade were there, etc.

As far as time, no one at Tesla rushed us. We asked if we could inspect before signing and they not only did that but gave the car orientation before signing so we had even more time in the car before we signed/paid.
Awesome. I looked at the available check list on this forum and it seemed a bit of an overkill. I’ll probably take a few major items from there. Thanks.

Reactions: Zaxxon
I drove down to the delivery center today taking a chance of finding my Model X in "waiting" area for PDI and cleaning. My timing couldn't have been better. A Transport had just dropped off a load of X's, S's and 3's. My Raven, Tesla X Performance/Ludicrous was sitting proudly on its 22" rims in the front row. The shrink-rap plastic was covering to the front, rear, mirrors, etc. Yes I did take a picture, but when I got home -- it was of my thumb.

Now I have to finish prepping in my garage for "Night Hawk's" return on Tuesday afternoon. It's gonna be a long couple of nights. Thanks to Tesla for getting me replaced so quickly, and building a vehicle that protects so well.

Reactions: Zaxxon
Took delivery of my car yesterday. It is a beauty. Unfortunately, I took delivery at the end of the day and service was already gone. I have a software problem and need an update. My car thinks it is in California (it’s in Ohio), and the Nav never changes even while driving. In addition FSD was not enabled even though I paid for it. In theory, a software push on Monday will fix everything. With the version of software I have, there isn’t even a sentry mode (which is strange... I thought that was already out) ... it can’t calibrate the cameras since the software isn’t working, so no cruise or autopilot at all. It still drives flawlessly, but I am hating the extra wait on this software push! I hope it fixes it all! I’m in wait and see mode for now!

Reactions: Daisame
I'm pretending my MX ordered 24th of April is on this boat:
http://dudewheresmycar.tozz.nl/montana.php
Probably not because don't have a VIN yet...
Yesterday that ship arrived in Antwerp and now is in its way to Rotterdam where Tesla cars are unloaded. And behold, today I saw a VIN appear in the source code: 1807xx
Can be a coincidence or my car is really on that ship. :D
Seems like an "older" Raven VIN so maybe the theory was right that at a start there was a bigger focus on other parts of the world to meet Q2 delivery.
*Keeping fingers crossed*

Reactions: Daisame
Well here she is. (Sorry about the falcon wing door that seems to be winking)

2019 Model X Performance Ludicrous Mode, 6 seat Configuration. Here's the funny story about our delivery experience though.

We arrive and the delivery manager sits us down and says: "Your car has 197 miles on it. Someone ordered this car, never showed up for it, so they drove it back to fremont which is where the milage is coming from, and shipped out here to Arizona. I hope you're ok with that..."

I was upset, and told him that 197 miles was not a NEW car and that I wouldn't take delivery for that.. he let me express my frustrations then said:

"Well, just give it a chance. Check it out and let me know what you think.."

So we went to do the walkthrough, everything checks out fine, but then I notice "Ludicrous Mode" on the screen, and he just winked at me..

So for whatever reason, they gave us Ludi mode without an extra charge.. it even shows on the Window Sticker matching up VINs and everything.

I verified that the car was manufactured May 15th so it is the refresh with longer range and the Raven software. I guess we got lucky. Glad to have this at home! Its a Freaking Spaceship!

NIce! I got a Ludi car too, but it is not on the invoice. So they said "it should remain active, but we cannot guarantee it". So for me, it is a risk that it will go away someday.

How did you find out your car was ready? I ordered 4/27 and it’s been silent for a week. And I’m in NJ.
If you worked with a sales rep, contact them. Mine was able to give me further info. You can also call the main Tesla #, choose sales with no scheduled delivery date, and fail to enter your zip code. That gets you to the mothership, who can also see further detail (like what day a shipped car is scheduled to arrive at the delivery center).

Reactions: 19x100D