Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw the following message in my account today. Really concerned. Don't know how real it is. Still no VIN.

Delivery Appointment at Dedham
July 4, 2019 at 06:00 AM

Dedham
840 Providence Highway
Dedham, MA 02026

Hey, at least it's progress. For what it's worth, those auto-generated appointments tend to be conservative. I wouldn't be surprised if it's ready 6/29.

Saw the following message in my account today. Really concerned. Don't know how real it is. Still no VIN.

Dedham
840 Providence Highway
Dedham, MA 02026

that's real bro

you better call and find out. i got a notification regarding my delivery date and it was right on the spot and you'll miss the tax credit dead line of june 30th

Dedham
840 Providence Highway
Dedham, MA 02026

My car was there and ready for pickup 4 days (at least) before my scheduled appointment. I only found out because I called them for info because no one reached out about the registration/etc. "Oh by the way, the car is here, would you like to pick it up today?" o_Oo_Oo_O

I get the feeling I still wouldn't have my car if I didn't call and email them every couple days. Even that scheduled delivery date was the result of my phone calls.

Reactions: 19x100D
Did Tesla give a cut off date for guaranteed delivery in Q2 like they did for Q4?
Speaking only for myself, they did not. I ordered in mid-May and while the website at the time estimated May, the folks I dealt with at Tesla were clear that it could slip past 6/30. Which is its own problem when the site says May and they think likely June but possibly July. But they were up front about it with me.

I took delivery on 6/8.

• Helpful
Reactions: mongo
Has anyone from Tesla said anything to you about if they didn’t meet the June 30 date?

Just got off the phone with the delivery team in Dedham. I was told it's impossible that they can deliver the car to me before the end of the month. The car is still in production. They gave me the VIN though.

Let's see if Tesla would lower the price to offset the tax credit after 6/30.

Just got off the phone with the delivery team in Dedham. I was told it's impossible that they can deliver the car to me before the end of the month. The car is still in production. They gave me the VIN though.

Let's see if Tesla would lower the price to offset the tax credit after 6/30.
I would certainly push for something, since presumably the website also indicated to you that you'd receive your car in June when you placed the order.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
The website indicated that I would receive my car in May when I placed order on 5/1
There you go. I presume that since the car is still in production, you were not the source of this delay. Were I in your shoes I'd be requesting a discount or value-add (free FSD, HPWC, etc) to counteract the cost that Tesla's failure to meet expectations is placing on you.

The site saying May and having a May order slip to June is one thing. Saying May for a 5/1 order and slipping to July is not reasonable IMO.

There you go. I presume that since the car is still in production, you were not the source of this delay. Were I in your shoes I'd be requesting a discount or value-add (free FSD, HPWC, etc) to counteract the cost that Tesla's failure to meet expectations is placing on you.

The site saying May and having a May order slip to June is one thing. Saying May for a 5/1 order and slipping to July is not reasonable IMO.

Will give it a try for sure. Thanks!

I would certainly push for something, since presumably the website also indicated to you that you'd receive your car in June when you placed the order.

The website indicated that I would receive my car in May when I placed order on 5/1

Did it really? Or did it say there was an estimated delivery month? Which is a whole different thing from indicating that you would receive your car in a particular month.

Did it really? Or did it say there was an estimated delivery month? Which is a whole different thing from indicating that you would receive your car in a particular month.
Estimated, of course. A 5/1 order with a 5/31 estimate delivering on 7/4 is a bad estimate.

No one's suggesting Tesla bow before the buyer and write a large check. At the same time, even estimates should be reasonable.