Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I configure an X TODAY on the web site it gives estimated delivery in June.

Don’t believe the web site delivery date unless you live within ~200 miles of Tesla HQ and it’s a matched car to your order that happens to be coming off the assembly line.

They were saying May delivery from Mid April through late May and my 4/25/19 ordered car was delivered in Atlanta 6/9/19

Well I mean I placed mine on 4/27 with a May delivery date. I didn’t even want to purchase the car yet because I had wanted to save a little more for wrap and various accessories, get the home charger set up etc. so I placed just to meet the deadline of the 30th. Now that seems to be all for nothing I don’t even have a VIN yet.

Well I mean I placed mine on 4/27 with a May delivery date. I didn’t even want to purchase the car yet because I had wanted to save a little more for wrap and various accessories, get the home charger set up etc. so I placed just to meet the deadline of the 30th. Now that seems to be all for nothing I don’t even have a VIN yet.

Ordered april 29th, sales advisor gave me VIN on jun11th still nothing on tesla account and no sight of delivery date, when called they have no idea on when they will get the car to delivery center. Previously they used to say by june 30th every body will get their vehicles now they are saying not sure really cant guarentee any delivery date.

Got my 2nd VIN assigned to me today, well kind of 3rd. They tried assigning me to the same wrong VIN twice. First one had the wrong interior. Originally I thought it was just the wrong trim but it actually had all black interior when I ordered white with carbon. I saw it in the source code first thing this morning. A couple of hours later my advisor texted to me to let me know I had a new VIN and the configuration is correct this time. No idea on a delivery date yet. He said he would reach out as soon as he has an idea. I know unfortunately some of you have horrible advisors but I definitely have to say that mine has been great! Fingers crossed that it gets here by June 30th and with no dents or damage!

Reactions: davezforce
Got my 2nd VIN assigned to me today, well kind of 3rd. They tried assigning me to the same wrong VIN twice. First one had the wrong interior. Originally I thought it was just the wrong trim but it actually had all black interior when I ordered white with carbon. I saw it in the source code first thing this morning. A couple of hours later my advisor texted to me to let me know I had a new VIN and the configuration is correct this time. No idea on a delivery date yet. He said he would reach out as soon as he has an idea. I know unfortunately some of you have horrible advisors but I definitely have to say that mine has been great! Fingers crossed that it gets here by June 30th and with no dents or damage!

ordered 4/30 ( delivery in bay area, CA) .Finally got a call that car will be delivered to my home on Thu ( 6/20). Unfortunately I am on a business trip to Canada , so I postponed delivery to 6/21. Tesla informed that it will be home delivery only no factory pick up even though i live less than 25 miles from the factory . Strangely no VIN # posted on my Tesla acct yet.

Reactions: Daisame
ordered 4/30 ( delivery in bay area, CA) .Finally got a call that car will be delivered to my home on Thu ( 6/20). Unfortunately I am on a business trip to Canada , so I postponed delivery to 6/21. Tesla informed that it will be home delivery only no factory pick up even though i live less than 25 miles from the factory . Strangely no VIN # posted on my Tesla acct yet.

congratulations.

Looks like Tesla is reducing staff at these delivery locations, My previous sales adviser left Tesla all of a sudden and now guy who is handling after him sent me an email yesterday with a note saying my last day at Tesla is 06/21. Not sure how tings gonna span out now.

Tesla really need to step up on customer relationship and Service related stuff, eventually when other companies come out with their models these 2 factors will cause a lot of grief.

I was reading some articles yesterday and many sites compared Kia Niro to Model 3 and rated Kia as better buy and one major point that every article is mentioning is about having service locations and they rated that point above having supercharging network all over USA.

• Informative
Reactions: davezforce
Anyone think that a car configured with 22" rims may be the hold up? I ordered on 5/22 and have no VIN, but I've noticed other replies on here mentioning longer wait times with a 22" rim config.

Maybe it's a parts issue with specific configs?

Anyone think that a car configured with 22" rims may be the hold up? I ordered on 5/22 and have no VIN, but I've noticed other replies on here mentioning longer wait times with a 22" rim config.

Maybe it's a parts issue with specific configs?

Order with the 20" and buy a set of 22" from a private seller, it's cheaper that way and then you will have an extra set of wheels.

Awesome! I should be able to pick mine up tomorrow. The wrap is just about done. Here is a teaser pic from my detail shop.

Attach1933_20190620_152457.jpg

It is a little sloppy at the moment with all the hands that have been all over it, so will look nicer after it is cleaned up. Hope to have more pics tomorrow afternoon.