Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Timid summon behavior, panicky alerts when parking, and mirrors that don't know if they are folded

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, three things of a nitpicky nature. Wouldn't kick her out of bed for any of them, but willing to complain to friends over a beer.

I cleared out the right side of the garage and made wife park SUV in driveway on the left against the still cluttered side of said garage. The idea is to squeak past the parked SUV and come to a comfortable rest in the garage with minimal maneuvering, leaving about 40 inches from the shelves (and the charging outlet) on the right for somewhat comfortable access.

When I am driving the car in, I fold the mirrors and inch forward, the car screaming bloody murder, even stopping when I come to within 6 or so inches to wife's car on the left. But I make it in and spread out once inside.

Now, I would not try to Summon the car out when parked like that, because it would be too tight on the left. But I sometimes take a different route in and end up with 20 inches from the shelves inside and 20 inches from the SUV outside. Seems like a pretty straight shot with maybe minimal maneuvering once half way out of garage. But no, she beeps frantically and eventually stops. It seems she wants to make the whole way out in a straight line and if it gets tight on either side, she does not act creatively in the same way a human would. So Summon has been a hit and miss. Tried impressing the local crowd, but worked only so so.

Finally, the mirrors are folded overnight because that is how I drove in. In the morning, I still want them folded as I pull out. Once outside, I want to unfold them, but what does the Quick Controls screen say? It says FOLD. I tap FOLD, and the little motors whir trying to fold the already folded mirrors. Then the button changes to UNFOLD. This one I reported to Tesla. Wonder if it's just mine or a known issue. If I want to fold/unfold mirrors right away, it works. It seems the car forgets overnight that the mirrors are folded.

I also hate mirror fold /unfold problem. I have the exact same issue, when I park car inside garage I fold them first and unfold them when I am out of garage next morning but car seems to be not remembering that I folded them before I enter garage last night. and so every morning I have to do double tap on that button before get going to my daily commute.

I also hate mirror fold /unfold problem. I have the exact same issue, when I park car inside garage I fold them first and unfold them when I am out of garage next morning but car seems to be not remembering that I folded them before I enter garage last night. and so every morning I have to do double tap on that button before get going to my daily commute.

I have the same issue with the car forgetting that the mirrors are folded. I need to double tap to unfold.
Report them to Tesla. The more reports, the sooner it gets fixed.

FWIW, this morning the car remembered that the windows had been folded.