Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird mirror folding behavior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My parking garage is 3 levels underground. My space is at the bottom. When entering at the NW corner, the mirrors fold, then unfold shortly thereafter. When I loop around and reach the NW corner again, they fold and unfold again. This repeats until I reach the bottom and my parking space.

On all garage levels the NW corner of building has what I believe is an electrical room, so I'm guessing this is some sort of EM interference. But just the mirrors?

Has anybody else experienced this?

Hunh. I'm sure you're right as my parking spot is close to the NW corner of the garage. Weird.

But no recall of ever implementing this. Although there was a lot of experimentation and fooling around when we first got it. And it appears the location is saved by default whenever manually folding the mirrors?

Will test it next time we take it out.

Many thanks

My parking garage is 3 levels underground. My space is at the bottom. When entering at the NW corner, the mirrors fold, then unfold shortly thereafter. When I loop around and reach the NW corner again, they fold and unfold again. This repeats until I reach the bottom and my parking space.
Your car is noticing that it's losing altitude and is attempting to beat its wings (the mirrors) in order to prevent it from crashing. 😁

Hunh. I'm sure you're right as my parking spot is close to the NW corner of the garage. Weird.

But no recall of ever implementing this. Although there was a lot of experimentation and fooling around when we first got it. And it appears the location is saved by default whenever manually folding the mirrors?

Will test it next time we take it out.

Many thanks
I am experiencing the same thing. I back my car into my parking space in my building and as I pass by the space they fold in and have to manually fold them back out to get in. It has happened ever day this week. Let me know if you find anything, I didn't think there was a setting for 'auto-fold for home'.

Yeah, problem solved once I turned off autofold by location.
And I was mistaken, the location is not saved by default.
I must of saved it as our parking spot is pretty tight.
Anyway, all is good.
I cannot seem to find that option. Can you let me know where you found this? Screen shot or maybe a picture might help. I have turned off general autofold, but it is still happening when I pull up to my parking spot.
Thanks in advanced

Controls/mirrors/fold mirrors

When you manually fold the mirrors there's a lower part to the "button" asking whether to make it location specific. You press it again to turn off the location specific feature.

This is NOT where you adjust the mirror tilt, general autofold, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: Dutch24