Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to compliment you one more time -- I have found myself coming back to this post just to look at your car few times. I think it looks amazing!

Me too. I think I have come back each time to the site to look at this thing of beauty. It is so freakin clean and I am jealous.

Thank you! I appreciate the kind words. I toiled and went back and forth on colors and ultimately decided the blacked-out look was the way to go. When I was younger, I always had black cars. When I got into my 30's I realized that black was WAY too much trouble to keep clean, so I decided to go with White. My weekend ride, and my Wife's truck are both white but I'm glad I ended up going with Black (even though I think my favorite color for the Model 3 [generally speaking] is the pearl white.)

That being said, the very first thing I did, the moment I took delivery of the vehicle was to bring it home, put it in the garage and do a clay bar, polish, 3x coats of cQuartz finest and a coat of cQuartz reload sealant. So far, so good... nothings sticking to the paint, and no swirls. But that's the main reason the paint looks so good, it just takes a lot of effort to keep it that way!

I have a custom set of forged wheels being cut right now, and I'm still undecided on the finish. I'm pretty sure I'm going with gloss black, but I really do like the classic look of a black car with a bright aluminum wheel...

Thank you! I appreciate the kind words. I toiled and went back and forth on colors and ultimately decided the blacked-out look was the way to go. When I was younger, I always had black cars. When I got into my 30's I realized that black was WAY too much trouble to keep clean, so I decided to go with White. My weekend ride, and my Wife's truck are both white but I'm glad I ended up going with Black (even though I think my favorite color for the Model 3 [generally speaking] is the pearl white.)

That being said, the very first thing I did, the moment I took delivery of the vehicle was to bring it home, put it in the garage and do a clay bar, polish, 3x coats of cQuartz finest and a coat of cQuartz reload sealant. So far, so good... nothings sticking to the paint, and no swirls. But that's the main reason the paint looks so good, it just takes a lot of effort to keep it that way!

I have a custom set of forged wheels being cut right now, and I'm still undecided on the finish. I'm pretty sure I'm going with gloss black, but I really do like the classic look of a black car with a bright aluminum wheel...

Keep us posted with pics as I am in a similar boat. Nothing but black cars in my life but the last couple have been white or gray. I went back to the black/white interior as I loved the combo too much and bit the bullet. Now I am working on washing/coating items, tint, wheels, chrome delete items like you mentioned.

For reference, here is Llumar Formula One Pinnacle Window Tint (15% all all 5 windows + 15% on both roof panels + 50% Ceramic on the windshield) I also have the factory Tesla sunshades installed on both the front and rear windshields. I was worried about it being TOO dark, but I'm glad I went with what I did. At night, it's definitely a little on the dark side, but during the day I don't really even need to wear sunglasses unless I'm driving into direct sunlight. it makes a huge huge difference in ambient interior temps during the day. View attachment 395120 View attachment 395121 View attachment 395123 View attachment 395129

I see your rear tint goes around the brake light.

Does anyone know if there two are different "cuts" for the back glass tint on the M3? From pictures I've seen on multiple threads, it looks like there is a version that isn't cut around the rear brake light. All of the camera angles for these have been from the side and I can't tell if it is actually cut out or if the light is playing tricks on me.