Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint Pricing Southern California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All my cars for the last 15 years were tinted by the same guy using a film called Solar Gard. Tinting the entire car costed about 200 to 400 depending on the size of the car and time (15 years ago was cheaper). When we got the Model X, I read that 3M Cyrstalline was the best so I went for that. Lets just say the windshield alone was $1000. I feel no difference between the 3M and the Solar Gard. On paper, the 3M Cyrstalline may have the highest heat rejection, but I really don't think anyone could "feel" it comparing to a good tint film. Comparing a tinted car and a non-tint car, you can totally feel it. If I sit in a car without tint under the sun, I can feel the heat immediately on my skin. And tinting the windshield doesn't really do anything. I would never do it again.

Reactions: Vystery
All my cars for the last 15 years were tinted by the same guy using a film called Solar Gard. Tinting the entire car costed about 200 to 400 depending on the size of the car and time (15 years ago was cheaper). When we got the Model X, I read that 3M Cyrstalline was the best so I went for that. Lets just say the windshield alone was $1000. I feel no difference between the 3M and the Solar Gard. On paper, the 3M Cyrstalline may have the highest heat rejection, but I really don't think anyone could "feel" it comparing to a good tint film. Comparing a tinted car and a non-tint car, you can totally feel it. If I sit in a car without tint under the sun, I can feel the heat immediately on my skin. And tinting the windshield doesn't really do anything. I would never do it again.
I used cheap tint, good 3m tint and now good ir tints. The ir rejection of 3m crystalline is better than normal tint but not aa good as the xpel prime ir plus and similar. I can definitely feel the difference. However its not as good as not have a window of course and you will still feel some heat for sure.... especially in hot area like southern cali.

I saw a few videos on youtube that tinting the roof doesnt help since it already tinted... i was also going have my tints done while at Disneyland, but the prices quoted was a few hundreds higher that the bay for the same product.
My friend said her hubby's bald, and got burned with the normal tint. 😂

I used cheap tint, good 3m tint and now good ir tints. The ir rejection of 3m crystalline is better than normal tint but not aa good as the xpel prime ir plus and similar. I can definitely feel the difference. However its not as good as not have a window of course and you will still feel some heat for sure.... especially in hot area like southern cali.
I think I still want to do windshield, before I turn into one of the people who wears special driving sleeves and gloves so they don't tan. 😂

These prices seem like a good gauge. 🤔

I got a quote for 400 for the cheapest 3M, probably without windshield and moon roof.

Reactions: whisperingshad
I saw a few videos on youtube that tinting the roof doesnt help since it already tinted... i was also going have my tints done while at Disneyland, but the prices quoted was a few hundreds higher that the bay for the same product.
You're low key a genius on the Disney thing. I was hoping to use my Disney tickets in December.. and at this rate I'll get my car by then. 😂 (Jk, hopefully end of August)

Decent. i paid 900 plus tax for ALL windows Xpel Prime XR PLUS

How is the windshield tint working out? I wanted to do 70% there but my installer recommended against it saying I might get distortion or see halos at night.

Any issues? I was driving home from Woodland Hills last week when it was over 100 degrees and I was definitely baking inside. Really considering adding the windshield tint.

How is the windshield tint working out? I wanted to do 70% there but my installer recommended against it saying I might get distortion or see halos at night.

Any issues? I was driving home from Woodland Hills last week when it was over 100 degrees and I was definitely baking inside. Really considering adding the windshield tint.
No issue at all, even woth polarized oakleys. I did 70 also

Here is what mine looks like right after i got tinted.

Attachments

• IMG_20210522_143650.jpg
    IMG_20210522_143650.jpg
    673.5 KB · Views: 1,256
  • IMG_20210522_143705.jpg
    IMG_20210522_143705.jpg
    502.9 KB · Views: 1,014
  • IMG_20210522_143713__01.jpg
    IMG_20210522_143713__01.jpg
    606 KB · Views: 978