Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tint questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to tint front window. In California, by law, we can only tint 70% on front windows, and no tint on windshield.

So I am planning to tint the front windows by 50%. I have 2 questions:

1. Should I tint all around, or just tint the front windows? rear windows are with private glasses, did you guys tint them?
2. For those in CA, did you tint front? With clear? or 70%?

Thanks.

We did 15% all around and 50% windshield 🤭

A little darker than what I like but the boss prefers this look.

F966F159-181B-451F-8BC6-9DAC7C79D307.jpeg

158D6B08-F5DC-4B85-BA3B-5CB333D70C48.jpeg

We did 15% all around and 50% windshield 🤭

A little darker than what I like but the boss prefers this look.

View attachment 831146
View attachment 831147
Looks so cool that I would like do that way. But I am afraid cops would stop me immediately...

Front is really hot, not sure if they have 70% for windshield. Then I would do 70% windshield, 50% for front, 20% for rear and trunk.

I like your color combination. Mine is all black. I think if you paint brake caliper and put a red T on wheel central caps, that would be even better. Maybe that could be your next project :)

Reactions: Thamanrp
Seems decent. I think the quote we have been getting was additional $5-600 for the one piece windshield alone.
Thanks for the info.

Yup, there is AcutintPro in Upland with advertised $210-$320 just for the front windows (they do not do X windshield/roof.). It makes sense then $800 is about right if with the windshield.