Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems the its factory tented to 25% rear and back side. What are your thoughts on the current tint on the model Y. I was planning on tinting driver and passenger side to 25% and windshield to 70% worth it? What are your guys thoughts? Please let me know

is it also recommend to do PPF? The guy is charging me 2k for ppf.

Following because I'm trying to decide if I want to just tint the front two windows with ceramic and leave the rest factory or ceramic all side and back windows in ceramic. Also looking to do the roof and curious what % people are getting on that.

Is the 2k quote for just the front of the car or the whole car? If so, I would almost be skeptical of the 2k quote for the whole car...that is incredibly low. Usually I have seen full PPF wraps for 4-6k

As for tinting, my MY is at the shop getting the front windows tinted to 20% and the windshield 70% (as well as XPEL stealth PPF). I will post pics this weekend when its back!

Reactions: Raiders
Is the 2k quote for just the front of the car or the whole car? If so, I would almost be skeptical of the 2k quote for the whole car...that is incredibly low. Usually I have seen full PPF wraps for 4-6k

As for tinting, my MY is at the shop getting the front windows tinted to 20% and the windshield 70% (as well as XPEL stealth PPF). I will post pics this weekend when its back!

Are you doing ceramic tint on the front windows? I’m going to assume the back ones aren’t ceramic from factory.

It seems the its factory tented to 25% rear and back side. What are your thoughts on the current tint on the model Y. I was planning on tinting driver and passenger side to 25% and windshield to 70% worth it? What are your guys thoughts? Please let me know

is it also recommend to do PPF? The guy is charging me 2k for ppf.

Worth every penny for me here in sunny Riverside, California. 70% windshield, 30% driver/passenger sides, and 20% roof. Kept stock tint on the rest.

Definitely less heat inside, and more tolerable sun from roof. See this post for effect:
Model Y tint pictures

I am dropping my car off this morning for nearly the same exact thing. I’m not doing stealth though on the XPEL. Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out with the stealth.