Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Burn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
So... I love that my car burns no gas, but I'm growing annoyed with burning through tires.

My car came with Goodyear RS-A2s on it, and being that they worked well and are cheap, I'm on another set.

Well, my rears are now 1/2 worn out, and I'm becoming a bit annoyed...

I'm looking now at the Pirelli Centuato's which have a 700 treadwear rating, and are rated better.. pretty much every where.
They appear to have a 70k treadlife warranty... anyone tested that?

upload_2016-5-9_12-36-17.png

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...urato+P7+All+Season+Plus&partnum=445VR9CP7ASP

I'm not too worried about winter traction, I have a beater AWD I can take any time. Just looking for better grip and tread life since installing a $100 tire is the same price as installing a $250 tire...

What do you guys think? Running anything that holds up to heavy use of the GO pedal?

Alignment was 5 months ago, the car drives strait. Tire wear is uniform and flat. But with 360 HP and RWD, and rear only regen, they sure seem to lose tread depth fast.

Tires were put on around Nov. I'll check front vs. rear with a depth gauge when I get home...

Looks like the Pirelles are the way to go, even at $100 each more, the long term cost will be less with less tire swaps (and hassle) I plastidip the face and barrel of my wheels, and have to peel it all off to have new tires put on...

I don't really know, I didn't keep track very well... I just know that on my Tahoe I'd get 60,000 out of tires. Now I feel like I'm replacing them yearly, and only driving around 14,000 a year!

I like everything about the Good Year RSA-2s, except the wear.

I'm concerned that going to the better wear tires, will increase road noise or make grip worse.

However the P7s seem to be better across the board...

I'm going to stretch my Goodyears through the end of the summer though they really should be replaced. Enough tread on the rears but light on the front. 3 years now but snows in the winter. Total mileage on the Goodyears at 27k miles.

I have a set of four more Goodyears in my basement that were on the spare wheels I'm using for my winter setup and they'll go on next spring. Not the greatest tires in world but good enough for my needs and the price is right.