Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Inflator/Deflator/Pressure Guage for Tesla Model 3...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking for recommendations for a tire inflation/deflation device for my Tesla Model 3 Performance.

Primarily, I would like a device where I could set it to 45 for when I go on longer trips and the pump will automatically match that tire pressure by either inflating/deflating the tire. Also, for around town, I would like the device to automatically inflate/deflate to 42 for better ride comfort.

I would like the device to have a battery that can be charged for operation without any available electricity. I would also like the device to work on DC or AC so I can use the device if the battery is dead.

If anybody knows of a good quality reliable device like this, please let me know.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I was looking for recommendations for a tire inflation/deflation device for my Tesla Model 3 Performance.

Primarily, I would like a device where I could set it to 45 for when I go on longer trips and the pump will automatically match that tire pressure by either inflating/deflating the tire. Also, for around town, I would like the device to automatically inflate/deflate to 42 for better ride comfort.

I would like the device to have a battery that can be charged for operation without any available electricity. I would also like the device to work on DC or AC so I can use the device if the battery is dead.

If anybody knows of a good quality reliable device like this, please let me know.

You've got a pretty tall list. You might want to ask a moderator to move this post to the broader Model 3 forum since I don't know that this is really an interior/exterior topic.

There are quite a lot of inflators out there that will run on AC/DC and allow you to dial in the pressure you want and then it will automatically stop inflating when it hits that pressure. I'm not aware of any that also include a battery backup capability but there are a few that can run off of AC or DC.

Keep in mind that these devices tend to be rather low end and the PSI could be off quite a lot from what the device shows when it is done inflating.

I don't have any first hand experience since I just use a decent inflator hooked up to my air compressor at home, and use an emergency inflator when on the road.

You've got a pretty tall list. You might want to ask a moderator to move this post to the broader Model 3 forum since I don't know that this is really an interior/exterior topic.

There are quite a lot of inflators out there that will run on AC/DC and allow you to dial in the pressure you want and then it will automatically stop inflating when it hits that pressure. I'm not aware of any that also include a battery backup capability but there are a few that can run off of AC or DC.

Keep in mind that these devices tend to be rather low end and the PSI could be off quite a lot from what the device shows when it is done inflating.

I don't have any first hand experience since I just use a decent inflator hooked up to my air compressor at home, and use an emergency inflator when on the road.
I think he is looking for an automatic setup, not just an air compressor.

I would like the device to have a battery that can be charged for operation without any available electricity.

I understand it meets none of your requirements, but honestly I'd just use a bicycle pump. That's what I have in my car. I've been using it to pump up my car tires in my "fleet" for years now. Personally, I find a bicycle pump to be much more convenient & faster than a pump you have to plug in. (Obviously it's not faster than a super-expensive fast pump - but those you'd have to connect to the battery, not the 12A cigarette lighter...)

They work really well, especially on the P3D+ low volume tires. But I use it on my Highlander too and it's fine. If you have massive off-road tires obviously you might want to find a different solution. The pumping time goes up!

For me, I want to be sure it's going to work and I don't want to be crawling into my car to plug in/unplug the pump when I am dealing with filthy tires & I have filthy hands. So I have a bicycle pump.

EDIT: You could consider a foot pump too, though I'm not aware of whether there are any good ones out there. That would make the amount of work required a non-issue. But exercise (in theory) is good for you.

I use something like this. I’m too lazy to go down stairs to get my particular brand.

It has auto 12v plus, battery and charger with digital gauge. Just set, plug in, turn on, and it’ll auto stop when it reaches the set pressure. Mine has a small light and backlit LED screen.

Portable Air Compressor Battery Tire Inflator Cordless Car Pump For Bicycle Ball Car, Deluxe Carry Case, Digital LCD Pressure Gauge, Auto Shut Off, Battery Charger, Car Adapter, 3 Nozzle Adapters https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HDZK49G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_VrwtCb5T9F14T

For a measly 300k annual salary (I mean I'd have to quit my real job so...) I will follow you around with a bicycle pump and a high quality digital tire gauge (make that 2 of each for fail safe redundancy) accurate to .01 psi., I will even have an app developed (iOS though, gotta keep my iPhone!) that will track your every moment and anticipate your ever changing tire pressure needs based on driving speeds, elevation, temperature, cargo, planned trips, etc..., PM me if interested.

• Funny
Reactions: Nikola Pro