TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tire Monitor Problem

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Pantera Dude, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Pantera Dude

Pantera Dude Member

After months of my tire pressure warning indicator being on, the problem stopped! Upon start-up, I noticed there was a light out on my gauge panel. It took me quite awhile before I realized what it was. :tongue: I love it when problems fix themselves! :biggrin:

2. jordanthompson

jordanthompson 2010 2.0 Sport, VIN 0683

It will be back :-( Mine comes and goes.

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

If there were a way to disable the TPMS altogether, I would go for that. I check my pressures pretty regularly.

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

+1 TPMS does as much harm as good because of the way it's implemented. A readout of the tire pressures is fine--ideally this would come on when you sit in the car, which is when your really want to know so you can adjust them when cold.

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

LOL I'd like the display to be easily accessible while hot... but when it actually matters I'm using another set of wheels that don't have TPMS installed.