Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Pressure: Strange Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear All,

I’m getting strange TPMS warning in my cars, see pic below. Why strange? Well, the pressure of the tires showing up in red can be sometimes lower (OK) but also *higher* than the pressure of the tires that are showing up as normal.

Initially, I had only one of the two front tires showing a warning, now I’ve got two. There is no other warning « message » per se, it just shows up in red. Any idea what that can be? For example, could this be a low-battery signal rather than a pressure issue? I’m on 19’ winter tires if that’s helpful.

Thanks!

D2BEFD00-BDE9-486D-8713-3A5197528EBE.jpeg

504CB3B0-3C03-44BD-9D62-1F0DEFC9831C.jpeg

In my experience, once a low PSI figure is triggered it will need to go up quite a bit more than 1 or 2 PSI above the trigger point to clear the warning and it will also need to remain there for a while to reset it. This is to prevent the warning from going on/off/on/off when it's hovering right around the trigger pressure.

It's best to monitor them (it's one of the displays I keep up in my instrument cluster all of the time because I feel it's one of the more important things we need to monitor) regularly and keep them from even getting close to triggering the low pressure warning. This can be more difficult if you live in climates that fluctuate (I see you're in Switzerland) unlike Southern California but I've found that my experience with these cars is drastically improved if I keep the tires happy.

Related: It would also be nice if Tesla pushed out a feature update that factored in elevation with the pressure since all of my sensors read 3psi low at this elevation which makes keeping it away from the trigger pressure even more challenging. It would be simple enough since the car knows where it is already which would give it simple elevation data as well.