Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire pressure system needs service after tirerack snows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having the same issue with Tire Rack wheels/tires and their Dill 433 mhZ sensors - no connection to the vehicle, and a nil value at each corner on the touchscreen (along with annoying warning messages). Tesla says that they pushed my car a sensor reset, but that hasn't helped. Anyone else have a (magic) solution?

You might have one of the tireshops program the Dill TPMS for your M3.

I just replaced my stock 18" wheels last week with new aftermarket 20" wheels/tires/ new TPMS sensors- and had the same problem as you.

I ended up buying Autel MX sensors, and the programmer tool - programmed them and had my tireshop mount the tires for me. These Autel MX Sensors worked right away after driving for few minutes.

These Autel MX Sensors are about $25-$30 a piece by Amazon.

I can program them for you, you can pay for return shipping, just have to trust me to get them back to you. I know how frustrating and expensive this can be...since I have the tool and its just sitting in my garage - I figure to help another M3 owner...that is my offer to you.

Below is what I used for my install, Tesla use 433 Mhz TPMS sensors.
20190108_074433.jpg
20190108_074433.jpg
20190108_074224.jpg
20190112_135709.jpg

Anyone else have a (magic) solution?

Or you can try to "Activate" the installed Dill sensors if they were programmed but not activated, by:

Sensors can be activated by the below:

1) An TPMS programming tool; or

2) Rapid inflation/deflation of the tire (5 PSI or 20 kPa in 10 seconds)

3) OEM sensors on 2003 and older vehicles, may be activated when a magnet is placed over the sensor valve stem.

• Informative
Reactions: TeeEmCee