Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Problem service/roadside question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i took my car to the doctor this afternoon and i noticed that my PSI on one tire was 30 so i thought that was weird, I stopped at race trac, added about 10 psi or thereabouts, went into the Drs office, and came back to it at 36... so i was like yeah something going on, inspected tire, saw nothing. Went to Costco... apparently because of the foam lining they wont fix Tesla tires if it needs a plug. So i just go out and fill it all the way to 42,, i drove it to Target about 3-4 miles away, it dropped down to 41, and i thought well maybe it was low end of 42. got back in car still 41. stopped for a moment ate something, and came out... 38..... by the time i got home down to 37 again. So something is going on. My question in the

TLDR

If i call out the roadside, for my tire. What can they fix at my house? Or would i be better off just using my air pump at home, and getting it to a service station about 1.5 miles away? Had to order pucks. tuffys doesn't have pucks. but they were smart enough to ask if i did.

It depends on your location, local Tesla Service offerings regarding tire repair. In some locations Tesla can repair tires (assuming the damage is repairable.) Tesla Service/Mobile Service can sell you a new tire (Mobile Service can bring the replacement to you provided the tire is in stock.)

Your new Tesla Model Y comes with Tesla Roadside Assistance. You can contact the Tesla Roadside Assistance team via the Tesla app. They will likely text you with questions and instructions. Tesla Roadside Assistance can dispatch a contracted towing service to your location. In some cases the Tesla Roadside Assistance contracted tow service may be able to provide a loaner wheel and tire. You would then have your damaged tire repaired or replaced within ~3 days and drop off the loaner wheel at the Tesla Service Center.

The lift pucks sold online may not fit the latest 2023 Model Y (Austin built vehicles). You can safely lift the Tesla Model Y without the lift pucks (Tesla Service/Mobile Service does not use lift pucks.) When using a floor jack the lift arm must be placed at the correct location (a single puck helps locate the lift point.) Same is true for a floor lift that has lift pads on the lift arms. All that is required is that the lift arms are correctly positioned at the 4 lift points.

Last edited:
The service center unfortunately is like 30-40 mins away. just checked on amazon and someone said the same thing about them not fitting the LR AWD.. sigh not sure what to do now. I want to get it fixed before tuesday, i also don't wanna deal with the tesla service department in tampa on the weekend. that was exhausting picking up the car on a Saturday.. place was packed. I mean i can fill it enough to get there... i guess i will inquire with them

So i took my car to the doctor this afternoon and i noticed that my PSI on one tire was 30 so i thought that was weird, I stopped at race trac, added about 10 psi or thereabouts, went into the Drs office, and came back to it at 36... so i was like yeah something going on, inspected tire, saw nothing. Went to Costco... apparently because of the foam lining they wont fix Tesla tires if it needs a plug. So i just go out and fill it all the way to 42,, i drove it to Target about 3-4 miles away, it dropped down to 41, and i thought well maybe it was low end of 42. got back in car still 41. stopped for a moment ate something, and came out... 38..... by the time i got home down to 37 again. So something is going on. My question in the

TLDR

If i call out the roadside, for my tire. What can they fix at my house? Or would i be better off just using my air pump at home, and getting it to a service station about 1.5 miles away? Had to order pucks. tuffys doesn't have pucks. but they were smart enough to ask if i did.

I would suggest doing the same thing you would do if this were some other, non Tesla vehicle. The service center is going to sell you a tire, most likely (not fix, sell new). If you want to see if it can be fixed, go to a local discount tire or something.

They (Discount tire) also have a vendor account here, in case you have questions or want to ask them something:

Reactions: willwllx
Unfortunately none close by, i will just have to try and find a different tire place that can lift the car and not crack the battery >< because none of these amazon pucks fit the model y 2023 LR AWD

TLDR

I'm in Florida now and had a nail in my right rear tire. Had to drive to the Tesla SC in Delray Beach where they replaced the tire. I've already replaced both rear tires due to nails but I'd rather be safe driving on I95 back to NJ without having to worry about plugs in my tires. My advice is to let Tesla replace the tire.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I suggest that you contact Tesla Roadside Assistance, via the Tesla app. Tesla Roadside Assistance can send a contracted tow service to your home. Ask if the tow service is able to bring you a loaner wheel and tire.

Well i started to, but then it wanted tow to location etc.. and i really don't want to schedule a tow to the service center when i could put enough air in it myself and drive it there. Do they just send someone out, or do you get to chat with them beforehand? Should i just call the roadside assistance phone number?

Well i started to, but then it wanted tow to location etc.. and i really don't want to schedule a tow to the service center when i could put enough air in it myself and drive it there. Do they just send someone out, or do you get to chat with them beforehand? Should i just call the roadside assistance phone number?
When you use the Tesla app, request that Roadside Assistance to text you at your phone number. (Talking on the phone is old school, no one at Tesla likes to talk on the phone.) Explain in your text that you don't need a tow at this time but are requesting a loaner spare wheel.

Reactions: zoomer0056
i did not know this, i will check. That's in the back under? I have my own digital, but it's pretty slow, either way, if i can get it over 40, i can make it to a tire store. The one i called said sure no problem. But i am going to have to interrogate them :p