Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire replacement at Tesla while traveling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my front passenger tire was losing pressure, around 7psi in the span of a few hours. Called the roadside service number and they recommended I go to the local service center, sent me their contact info and I was able to get a replacement tire in the span of a few hours.

Since I am close to 30K miles I replaced them all.

Added peace of mind since I am traveling with my handicapped mom. And kept the best old tire so I have a full sized spare to keep in my garage for the future.

For others who might read this, I would have suggested you go to somewhere other than Tesla. The tires would have likely cost less and in the case of a place like Discount Tire, you could have gotten a full tire replacement warranty. So when you get that inevitable nail in a location outside of the patchable area, the tire is replaced for free.

My front passenger tire had a barely noticeable leak from the time it was new. Maybe should’ve taken it in for that, but I didn’t. And now (9 months, 7500mi later) the leak is speeding up. Usually it’s not too bad, but it has lost as much as 8–10 psi in 24 hours. How should I service it? Just take it to Discount Tire? I tend to agree with @ATPMSD – Tesla is maybe not the optimal place to service a tire.

My front passenger tire had a barely noticeable leak from the time it was new. Maybe should’ve taken it in for that, but I didn’t. And now (9 months, 7500mi later) the leak is speeding up. Usually it’s not too bad, but it has lost as much as 8–10 psi in 24 hours. How should I service it? Just take it to Discount Tire? I tend to agree with @ATPMSD – Tesla is maybe not the optimal place to service a tire.
If I wasn’t traveling would have probably taken to Costco.

If it's in a patchable area, someone could try going to a place like Les Schwab to get it fixed for free. Haven't had to do this with our M3 yet, but have gone there for repairs on two pickups, a Subaru, and even a tire from our ATV that had a slow leak all fixed for free. To thank them, when our Chevy S-10 needed new tires, we bought them there.

Reactions: vegetaban