Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Rotation alert reset and TPMS reset

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just rotated my tires my self. 2018 M3 RWD

1-How do I know that the TPMS has reset and corrected for the locations. Is there a Software setting?

2-Same for tire rotation…..Does it keep track of when I rotate and send me the next reminder..Is there a software button for that that I havent found..

Thanks

1. I believe the TPMS resets every time you drive, hence it doesn't show your tire pressure for a minute or two at the start of your drive. In any case, I've had my tires rotated a few times and I know nothing was set by anybody but the readings were still correct.

2. There is no reminder for rotation or for any other maintenance like the cabin air filter, which seems like an odd feature for Tesla not to include. If nothing else, they'd probably sell more air filters. There is however a warning, with a suggestion to rotate, if the car senses that the rear tires are significantly more worn than the front tires. It's a fairly new feature, with details in the owner's manual, but i think it's triggered if the difference is more than 2/32's.

About to get my tires rotated by my local guy. What do I have to do to inform the car of the different locations of the tires? Can't seem to find any reference to this anywhere (except the mention here). Does the car "know" the front left tire has been moved and adjusts the readings automatically?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 2.10.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 2.10.50 PM.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 351
Reactions: Jane4