Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Rotation [recommendations on where to get tires rotated?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do they do for "AC service"? (have had filter replaced last year)
It probably refers to this, from the owner's manual:

Service Intervals​

• Brake fluid health check every 4 years (replace if necessary)**.
  • A/C desiccant bag replacement every 4* years.
  • Cabin air filter replacement every 2 years (or 3 years for HEPA and carbon filters, if equipped)
  • Clean and lubricate brake calipers every year or 12,500 miles (20,000 km) if in an area where roads are salted during winter.
  • Rotate tires every 6,250 miles (10,000 km) or if tread depth difference is 2/32 in (1.5 mm) or greater, whichever comes first.
*A/C desiccant bag replacement can be extended to 6 years on vehicles manufactured between approximately 2017-2021.

Reactions: vickh
Upvote 0

Service Intervals​

• Cabin air filter replacement every 2 years (or 3 years for HEPA and carbon filters, if equipped)
  • Clean and lubricate brake calipers every year or 12,500 miles (20,000 km) if in an area where roads are salted during winter.
  • Rotate tires every 6,250 miles (10,000 km) or if tread depth difference is 2/32 in (1.5 mm) or greater, whichever comes first.
*A/C desiccant bag replacement can be extended to 6 years on vehicles manufactured between approximately 2017-2021.

Thanks. Looks like i can skip brake calipers since no salt in PHX ;) DT took care of the tires so I'll ask if they'll check the brake fluid. It would help if they posted prices for the menu.

I wonder if they'll just check the air filter as they do with traditional dealers (and show you the dirt)

Upvote 0

Service Intervals​

"Rotate tires every 6,250 miles (10,000 km) or if tread depth difference is 2/32 in (1.5 mm) or greater, whichever comes first".

Thank you. I've been preaching go by wear delta, not miles. Miles are totally arbitrary. I've owned three cars where I never rotated the tires because the fronts and rears wore evenly.

Upvote 0
What type of rotation?
Front to back or crisscross?

i rotated tires with even wear, what a mistake! The noise increase was so bad I had them rotated back! After a month of unexpected tire noise. If the wear is even, leavem! My person opinion!
Modern radial tires can take a "set" and don't like changes. See my previous post here. If the fronts and rears are wearing evenly, leave them alone.

Upvote 0
"Rotate tires every 6,250 miles (10,000 km) or if tread depth difference is 2/32 in (1.5 mm) or greater, whichever comes first".

Thank you. I've been preaching go by wear delta, not miles. Miles are totally arbitrary. I've owned three cars where I never rotated the tires because the fronts and rears wore evenly.
+1 Depends on AWD vs RWD ( in my case.), driving habits etc

I wish Tesla would inform of delta vs mileage on the uneven reminder. It does have the ability since I got an error popup, but apparently, at that time it was too late to rotate (per DT).

Upvote 0
Sorry to dredge up for a semi-related post. Do I need to remember these maintainence intervals or will the car remind me when coming up on the mileage markers?

You have to remember and keep track of things yourself.
This is an American car, not a BMW/Audi/MB that keep track of things for you!
;)

Sorry, that's no accurate.
There are no service reminders on Model 3's.
Tesla either doesn't care, or likes to perpetuate the self-serving myth that EVs don't require regular maintenance (Tesla can publicize lower cost of ownership that way).

I’m only at 5600 miles.
Miles are irrelevant.
Watch the tire wear, and see if it differs measurably between front vs. rear axels.
A simple and cheap tire gauge can take the mystery out of the procedure:

If they is more than 2/32nds of difference (less than that is likely to be measurement error), swap them front<-> back by lifting one side of the car to get both wheels in the air. Repeat on the other side.

Get a beer.
Done.

• Disagree
Upvote 0
I suppose I'm dating myself by saying this but is it really that difficult to check your tires for air pressure and tread wear on a regular basis? I've been doing that all of my adult life. I keep a tire pressure gauge and a tread wear gauge in the center console. I'll be driving 260 miles tomorrow and before I go I'll be checking the tire pressure with that gauge. For me, the only benefit of the tire pressure monitors is to report a sudden leak so I can pull over before the tire goes completely flat. And I really hate it when one of those tire pressure monitors goes bad and I have to spend well over $100 to get it fixed. That hasn't happened on my M3 yet, but it happened three times on two previous cars I owned.

Reactions: Mercimek
Upvote 0