Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Rotation - Tesla Dealership or Local Auto Service Place

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm coming up on 6K miles on my 2023 MYLR. The Tesla dealership is 30 miles and takes about an hour each way with traffic. I was curious whether it's worth the trip or if the local tire and service shop can do an adequate job. My biggest concern is whether it will be obvious to the shop people where the lift points are and whether any special equipment is needed. Does a Tesla dealership provide any additional service when they rotate tires?

I definitely wouldn't make the trip to Tesla for tire rotations. That said, I have my own jack pads in the under trunk and I always make sure to tell anyone working on the car that they have to use the jack pads and designated lift points to avoid damaging the battery.

I may seem like a jerk for telling people how to do their jobs, but I've had several people at those places not know about the lift points. I also make sure they know the lug nuts need torqued to 129lbs.

I had bought new used (40 miles) OEM wheels and tires from another member on here and brought them to obe of thosr bational tire chajns to have them mounted and swapped. When I picked the car up, the tires were at 32 PSI... They should be 10-15 PSI higher than that. Just confirms that you can't always trust that the employees at those places are paying attention.

Upvote 0
I definitely wouldn't make the trip to Tesla for tire rotations. That said, I have my own jack pads in the under trunk and I always make sure to tell anyone working on the car that they have to use the jack pads and designated lift points to avoid damaging the battery.

I may seem like a jerk for telling people how to do their jobs, but I've had several people at those places not know about the lift points. I also make sure they know the lug nuts need torqued to 129lbs.

I had bought new used (40 miles) OEM wheels and tires from another member on here and brought them to obe of thosr bational tire chajns to have them mounted and swapped. When I picked the car up, the tires were at 32 PSI... They should be 10-15 PSI higher than that. Just confirms that you can't always trust that the employees at those places are paying attention.
Thanks for your recommendations.

Reactions: father_of_6
Upvote 0
Just had it done in 15 minutes at the nearby Discount Tire----->FREE!
They knew exactly how to do it!
Based on what you said, I stopped at the local discount tire, and sure enough they said they do it for free. The service manager there pointed to his Model S in the parking lot. He said they have the pucks to do the lift and are very well versed in working with teslas. I'm glad you mentioned discount tires. I never would have thought to go there. Thanks

Upvote 0