Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Rotations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Make sure you need a rotation, I was rotating mine more than necessary. Get a good tire tread gauge and measure the treads on the inside and outsides of the tires. Rotate when you see a difference on a tire or between tires. With my car I do a lot of highway driving and can easily go 10k between rotations.

• Helpful
Reactions: AZRI11
Any competent tire shop can do the rotations. You just need to make sure that they understand where the lifting points are on the car and know the correct torque specifications for the lug nuts (129 lb/ft).
Does the shop need the lift adapters that insert in the holes at the lift points? I doubt most shops will have these and will just vaguely align the lift feet with the lift points.

Does the shop need the lift adapters that insert in the holes at the lift points? I doubt most shops will have these and will just vaguely align the lift feet with the lift points.
You may have to educate your shop if this is the first Tesla they've worked on. But the adapters are not needed unless you have them and want the shop to use them. Just be sure (if they have never done a Tesla before) that they position the lift pads so they do not protrude into your battery pack. And if you have active suspension put it into the Jack Mode,

First time I got a state inspection on my 2012 Model S I walked the inspector thru all the steps and familiarized him with the car. Then I came back at the end of this shift and took him for a drive!

• Informative
Reactions: RichXKU

The shop I use doesn't have the "Tesla" lift feet, but like most modern lifts they have end adapters that can handle the lift points. I don't use a chain store. I have a private shop who services my ICE vehicles (I collect classic cars so don't yell at me). The owners are BMW and MB dealership guys who went out on their own. They are meticulous and excellent mechanics. I trust them with some fairly valuable cars and they treat my Tesla with the respect I look for.

• Informative
Reactions: RichXKU