Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire slowly losing air

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

daniel

May 7, 2009
Kihei, HI
The right front tire (original) on my 2018 Model 3 loses air very slowly. I think it's been doing this for less than a year. The TPMS warns me about once every 2 or 3 weeks and I have to put air in it.

Note: I know next to nothing about cars or tires.

Should I be concerned? Should I just keep adding air whenever the warning comes up? Or do I need to have this addressed by a tire professional? Or do I need a new tire? With just a bit over 10K miles on the car, I think the tires still have plenty of tread, but I know it's bad to get just one new tire.

Thanks for any advice.

Maybe I should ask my question a different way:

How normal it is for a tire to need air every two or three weeks? Unusual, or common? The other three tires have not needed air more often than once a year or so.

Take it to a tire store. Assume it has a nail in the tire. Someday the nail may fall out and air will leak out quickly. You‘ll be stuck on the side of the road.

Even if @daniel is stuck by the side of the road, he will still be stuck by the side of the road IN HAWAII... lol... of all the places to be stuck, that doesnt sound that bad.

Back on thread topic, I agree with you on this possibly being a nail, or perhaps a bad valve stem or something. @daniel , a tire needing to be filled "every few weeks" is not "within spec". If you said "every few months" that might be more normal. You should get it checked, or if you dont want to get it checked, consider replacing it.

Reactions: fholbert