Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sorry but I do not share your view, there are few if any car manufacturers that offer warranties on the tires delivered on their cars, you need to deal with whomever provided the tires.
Really? If the tire was defective as delivered?

I think not. The tire is warranted. The tire is not warranted for road hazards. The tire was leaking PRIOR TO DELIVERY.

Case closed.

Sorry,
New to forum.
I try to search for a topic as opposed to creating a new thread. Is that not good forum etiquette?
OP? Meaning? Original Poster?
I personally don’t mind. I think it’s nicer to have topics together. Maybe good to note something about “adding to an old thread”.

I was just curious what happened to the OPs (yes, original poster) situation. Last update was car going into service center.

OP

I'm still here.

Tesla sent a tech out to ascertain the cause of the noises coming from that wheel. He drove the car while still here and though the noise was present when he began driving the car, it disappeared after a few miles and the car was not taken in for service. I've had no problems with this issue since. My belief is that something in the air suspension had become out of whack after the local tire dealer put it on the lift. The only negative leftover is that I'm running one tire with 1/2 the foam missing from the interior.

I'm still reading the thread, but really had nothing new to add. I still believe Tesla should have done something to correct this when first reported other than send me to the local tire dealer. I'd be fine with that response now, but had owned the car less than 4 days and 150 miles - all but 50 of which were put on the car coming back from the delivery. This situation really had nothing to do with tires or a warranty in my mind. There was a defect caused by Tesla or their subcontractors and I was offered no help initially on a $100,000 car with 150 miles on it. I'm sure I'll get the normal response from the community that if I didn't see the problem it either didn't exist or wasn't Tesla's responsibility and that's fine. I do not agree with it though.

I love the car. I haven't looked forward to driving anything anywhere since I was 16 until now. There have only been a couple of other minor issues on the car (I have not contacted them to have these corrected yet) and generally the horror stories I read on here that had me worked up prior to delivery added unnecessary stress to a pretty flawless delivery.

I'm still a huge Tesla fan - there is nothing remotely close to that car being produced by anyone else at present.

Reactions: Sawyer8888