Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire wear depth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same for our MYLR.
What tires are you using on the Y LR?
I rotate my tires when the tread depth difference is 2/32" between the front and rear and my tires are wearing evenly. I just pulled off my summer set (Continental ExtremeContact) and they're both at 4/32" currently. Same with the stock Continental ProContact RX which I've used the last 3 winters. For my driving, I'm not seeing the rear set wear significantly faster than the front.

My 19" Contis still have some wear on them after 40,000 miles, the tires wear evenly. I had them rotated by Tesla after one year, even though their service people said I didn't need it. At two years I asked them to do it again, they measured the tread and it was equal all around so I took their advice and didn't rotate. I am a fairly spirited driver FWIW.
So yesterday on my way to work my left rear tire blew out. Pressure in all four had dropped to 36 psi, my bad for not checking lately, not sure if that was a contributing factor. Tesla roadside service had it towed to the service center, I asked for four new tires, will pick it up this afternoon after work.

What tires are you using on the Y LR?
I rotate my tires when the tread depth difference is 2/32" between the front and rear and my tires are wearing evenly. I just pulled off my summer set (Continental ExtremeContact) and they're both at 4/32" currently. Same with the stock Continental ProContact RX which I've used the last 3 winters. For my driving, I'm not seeing the rear set wear significantly faster than the front.
OEM Continentals