Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tired of ruining 20" wheels...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3 performance with the 20" wheels. Just bent/ruined my second rim on a large rock (I live in farm country) and I'm tired of spending money on these tires/wheels. I'm going to 19"s and hoping that reduces these incidences.

Is there a way to buy the 19" sport wheels from Tesla that look just like the 20s but without the tire package? Does anyone know if the Tesla Sport Wheels (19's or 20's) are forged?

Model 3 19" Sport Wheel and Winter Tire Package

If not, I might just get a second set of ASA GT14 off Tirerack and call it a day. I can't stomach spending so much money on wheels.

so frustrated.

• Love
Reactions: TM34M
You can definitely buy the rims from Tesla without tires. You'll have to get TPMS separately either from Tesla or another vendor as well. Tesla OEM Model 3 wheels are not forged.

But keep in mind, the OEM 19's will NOT work on a Performance Model 3 wit the performance upgrade package. The rims are not designed to clear the lip on the hub of the Performance+ model.

You'll have to look at aftermarket options.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
That sucks. Wheels are brutally expensive. Is there no way to repair the wheel? I've never been able to buy a sport model vehicle, with big rims and low-profile tires, because of the terrible roads around me. They wouldn't last a month.

@h0mersimps0n...which is why many P owners have switched to our 18" TST Flow Forged

red-multi-coat-tesla-performance-model-3-gloss-black-18-inch-turbine-style-wheels-tst.jpg