Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TireRack is fantastic !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the second time since I bought replacement Conti-Silents from Tire Rack, in February, I hit something and cut the sidewall. Their prices were very competitive, the tires are almost always in stock, arrive in 2 days, and most importantly they include free road hazard insurance. A simple phone call or email, followed by sending pictures of the damaged tire, resulted in almost immediate approval for me to order a replacement tire. They send the reimbursement check very quickly, and my only out-of-pocket cost was the mounting and balancing. I very highly recommend them.

I have the ContiSilent Continental as well running at about 44 psi and *love* them. Usually better than 340 wh/mi at 70 mph. They came on my P90DL delivered to Chicagoland [/update]

I'm very curious who put them on as well. NTB or the like? I have close to 16K miles in 6 months (~5 months of driving and ~1 month of service center work and paintwork). I had 8/32th at the last service check. Not sure how long these will last.

From the info I put in the wiki:

Continental CrossContact LX Sport; Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season; ContiSilent
Front: 265/45R20 108V XL; UTQG: 480 A A; Tirerack Per Tire: $349.25
Rear: 275/45R20 110V XL; UTQG: 480 A A; Tirerack Per Tire: $338.25
Load Index of 108 = 2205 lbs | 1000 kgs
Load Index of 110 = 2337 lbs | 1060 kgs
Speed symbol is V for 149 mph max

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ormond
Who puts them on for you? How many miles do you get after them?

I originally had the SC mount them because I was extremely unhappy with the road noise from the Michelins and I made a deal with them to mount them if I bought them. They agreed because the Conti-Silent's are original equipment on the X90. As I posted elsewhere they are much quieter than the Michelins that come with the P90. I have the Michelins stored so at the end of my lease, if the tires are worn out, I can remount the Michelins when I turn it in. The replacement tires were mounted at a local Firestone store which is listed as one of TireRack's "official" installers.

I have 10,000 miles on them and they are still fine. I'll try to put a depth gauge on them and refine this answer.

• Informative
Reactions: Ormond