Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The tire with the best rated ride comfort in the 245/45R19 size is the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus. See the Grand Touring tire comparison chart here.

Be aware that while this tire is very comfortable, low noise, and has high treadwear ratings, it is not the best tire in the category for traction. It is known to slip under full-power launches in the Tesla.
thanks! what tires do u have

thanks! what tires do u have

I have 3 separate sets:
  • Michelin Primacy MXM4, Grand Touring, 245/45R19, on Tesla 19x8 wheels. I use this set for road trips because of the low noise, comfortable ride, and very efficient energy usage.
  • Michelin Pilot Super Sport, Max Performance Summer, 255/40R20, on T-Sportline 20x9 wheels. I use this set for summer/sport driving.
  • Nokian WRG3, All-Weather, 245/45R19, on T-Sportline 19x8.5 wheels. This is my winter set.

I have 3 separate sets:
  • Michelin Primacy MXM4, Grand Touring, 245/45R19, on Tesla 19x8 wheels. I use this set for road trips because of the low noise, comfortable ride, and very efficient energy usage.
  • Michelin Pilot Super Sport, Max Performance Summer, 255/40R20, on T-Sportline 20x9 wheels. I use this set for summer/sport driving.
  • Nokian WRG3, All-Weather, 245/45R19, on T-Sportline 19x8.5 wheels. This is my winter set.
just 1 more questions why would you use the mxm4 for road trips when the cintauro p7 all season plus is a more comfortable ride?

The tire with the best rated ride comfort in the 245/45R19 size is the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus. See the Grand Touring tire comparison chart here.

Be aware that while this tire is very comfortable, low noise, and has high treadwear ratings, it is not the best tire in the category for traction. It is known to slip under full-power launches in the Tesla.
However, reviews state it's not very good in snow. Being in Chicago, something to consider.

The quietest, most comfortable 19" summer tire I have owned are Landsail LS588UHP. They also have extremely low rolling resistance, high treadwear rating and come very cheap. They grip very well on both wet and dry, and beat Michelin Primacy 3 in test. Downside it does not have the best steering feel.

Try them, you`ll be surprised.

The quietest, most comfortable 19" summer tire I have owned are Landsail LS588UHP. They also have extremely low rolling resistance, high treadwear rating and come very cheap. They grip very well on both wet and dry, and beat Michelin Primacy 3 in test. Downside it does not have the best steering feel.

Try them, you`ll be surprised.

Landsail and Delinte are two brands of Sentury Tire, a Chinese-owned and operated budget tire manufacturer that has only been producing tires since 2009.

The test you speak of where the Landsail LS588 UHP tire "beat" a Michelin was conducted with 16" tires on a VW Golf, which is a dubious test of handling since the Golf is not a performance or sports sedan. Furthermore, the LS 588 UHP is categorized as an Ultra-High Performance All-Season tire, while the Michelin Primacy 3 is a Grand Touring Summer tire, a completely different category. Not an apples-to-apples comparison. For a fair test, the Landsail LH 588 UHP should have competed against the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, against which the Michelin would have driven circles around it.

How much is the savings worth to you? The Landsail LS 588 UHP is $106.92 per tire. The BF Goodrich Comp-2 A/S is an Ultra-High Performance All-Season that gets the 2nd highest category rating on TireRack.com, only being barely edged out by the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, and is $169.55. Price for the set is $427.68 vs $678.20. Would that premium be worth going with an established, highly rated tire manufacturer who stands behind their product and has been making tires for decades? I would think so.

As with everything in life, you get what you pay for. Furthermore, I fail to see why a Tesla owner who paid quite a bit for his high-performance vehicle would then use budget tires on it.

Why not buy a $40 wagyu beef filet mignon, grill it to perfection, then serve it with Kraft barbecue sauce?

Well, compared to Michelin Primacy 3, Pilot Sport 3 and Goodyear Eagle on Model S I would prefer the Landsails any day. I have had all of them. The PS3`s came off after only 8000km as they were too noisy for my taste and the ride was somewhat harsh. Second summer on our 2013 P85 with the Landsails now, and they are holding up great in every respect. Will put them on our 85D for our vacation going from Norway to Spain and should get some autobahn experiences with them then.

Chosing the Landsails over other brands are purely a question of characteristics, not price. Would buy them even if the price were twice as high just for its low road noise. Would of course not try these for winter driving, that would be stupid. I have nordic compound studless tires for use in spring and autumn, and Hakka 8`s for winter.

Reactions: ChawTime
Chosing the Landsails over other brands are purely a question of characteristics, not price. Would buy them even if the price were twice as high just for its low road noise.

Fair enough, but as the manufacturer is so new to tire manufacturing, I would need to see some fairly conducted apples-to-apples road tests under controlled conditions of the Landsails against other tires in the UHP category. Braking distance, cornering performance, dB measurements of noise, etc. -- the numbers will tell us how the tire compares to established brands. I don't trust my own "feel" of the tires -- too much room for error and bias.

but was the ride very soft? what do you recommened then

The ride was no different than the other tires I tried. My favorite is the Mochelin MXM4 Primacy. They last very long, the gave good grip, run smooth (actually super quiet) and they are low rolling resistance.
The Goodyear I tried (forgot the type) lasted only half the miles. The Pirelli P7 Centurio (or whatever the name is) did last as long as the Micheline, but were bad in every other way. My personal favorite is the Michelin MXM4 Primacy on 19inch wheels.

The ride was no different than the other tires I tried. My favorite is the Mochelin MXM4 Primacy. They last very long, the gave good grip, run smooth (actually super quiet) and they are low rolling resistance.
The Goodyear I tried (forgot the type) lasted only half the miles. The Pirelli P7 Centurio (or whatever the name is) did last as long as the Micheline, but were bad in every other way. My personal favorite is the Michelin MXM4 Primacy on 19inch wheels.
now im leaning torward the mxm4 put does the pierrli ride smoother then the mxm4 or no tirerack says the pierlli has more comfort? also does the mxm4 alot more smooth then the current good years that i have? sorry for all this just trying to make up my mind :)

now im leaning torward the mxm4 put does the pierrli ride smoother then the mxm4 or no tirerack says the pierlli has more comfort? also does the mxm4 alot more smooth then the current good years that i have? sorry for all this just trying to make up my mind :)

You have to take the TireRack.com ratings with a grain of salt. They're very informative, but they're not perfect. They're simply ratings from the public, nearly all of which are chosen by how those tires "feel", not necessarily how they actually perform.

The Pirelli Cinturato P7 is a very popular tire that is made in dozens of different sizes, especially some of the smaller sizes appropriate for economy and mid-size cars. As a result, their performance exceeds many other tires in those sizes by a significant margin, so people who replace older tires with the Pirellis are amazed at the improvement in performance and feel.

The Primacy isn't nearly as popular, primarily because it isn't stocked by a lot of retail tire shops like Discount Tire/Americas Tire, and it isn't made in some of the smaller sizes, thus limiting the vehicles that can use it. The fact that it gets such high ratings with a much smaller user base actually says something.

Nearly any Grand Touring tire will have a very good ride and low noise, as that's what they're designed for. I personally still feel that the Primacy is the king for the Tesla if you want a Grand Touring All-Season tire. It matches or exceeds ride comfort and noise levels of any other Grand Touring tire, and without a doubt has the lowest energy usage.

My new 100D has goodyear eagle grand touring which are lined with Foam. I was upset at first as I loved the Michelin Primacy for snow grip and smooth on the highway but the goodyears are better and so far the car used less energy per mile. They seem to now come standard on the model s with coil suspension.

My new 100D has goodyear eagle grand touring which are lined with Foam. I was upset at first as I loved the Michelin Primacy for snow grip and smooth on the highway but the goodyears are better and so far the car used less energy per mile. They seem to now come standard on the model s with coil suspension.
i just read reviews once u wear them down they will b the worst tires ever at about 7000 miles in