Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which Style/Size are you interested in?

• Model X T-R10 22x9 +35 / 22x10 +35 Staggered

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand. My comment was addressing your post previously about lack of interest to this thread. I still feel as though it's largely a format issue in this instant information society in which we live. I was thinking that if you started two entirely new threads with those couple of adjustments I think you may get more attention and feedback but that's just my opinion.

might be a bit late to make new threads, dont want to have every revote and what not but i do agree that pictures would of been better than the videos

option 2 please.

The reason it's not popular is there will be very few of us experienced owners who want a 21 inch wheel on a car with a GVWR of 5000 lbs - you are just asking for trouble, which is why I ditched all the 21 wheels on all three Model S's we have owned. ( to be honest several wheels didn't survive the damage from road debris and potholes - remember this car has no spare - so you get the joy of paying $500 for a new tire and another $500 for a new wheel and more importantly your billable rate X the hours you sit on the side of the road pissssseeddd.. which was immeasurable as your watch your flight fly missing a critical customer appointment....arrrgghh_)
You can already see from the poll that 19 X 9 is the most popular. Also when we designed the Model 3 poll we intentionally avoided the 20's due to the known cracked wheel issues and the ridiclous weight gain. Also this size (19 X 9) was the most popular on the Model 3 too, as there are tons of good cost effective tires to meet everyones needs (All Season, Summer Sport and Winter M/S). I do believe a 20 on a Model S would be a safe option too, but I just want the weight as low as possible for better handling, less stress on the suspension and steering components, and lower watt per mile consumption. I also believe its a demographic issue too, the Model 3 buyers are younger and pay more attention to this stuff, us older guys who have kids in college, (which is only trumped by the older Model X crowd), don't really see the need for 21's, I'm not on a race track, I don't need to impress anybody, and the handling is already awesome in my P85+ on the current daily driver 19's that have been on it for 80,000 miles without any issues!!! My wife won't notice a change either in her 90D.. she didn't notice when I pulled the 21's and moved to 19's.

I think @Flyguy is onto something, I bet the 20's would be a very popular size for the Model S, if they were added to this poll, since there is a market gap there (no competition from Arachnids and the battle damaged stock 21's) that have flooded the market. I would NEVER pay $2K for a flow formed crap that some of the other vendors are pushing on the market, when you could get 19's or 20's in Mono-block forged for around the same price.

New survey compares demographic of Tesla Model X vs. Model S buyer

i mean that is only your opinion. i have two Model S's with 21's and i would not move to 19's simply because they look ugly. there is obviously different demo graph of owners, those who are going for efficiency, those who are going for a different look and those who want a bit of both. needless to say, i just think people are less willing to mod their Model S vs Model 3 for example.

19x9 is most popular because its the closest option to stock and as you already said, older owner demo graph want better efficiency and care less for aesthetics.

It would fit, just need a center bore ring adapter to get it from: 66.9 to 64.1mm. Also would need to double check the axle load for these wheels. Tesla Model S needs ~ 1250 lbs per wheel to get to the 5000 lbs GVWR.

+36 moves the wheels more outboard away from the axle for a more aggressive stance. I bet 4mm wouldn't even be noticeable. Also these are a steal, compared to the Arachnids which weight a lot more. bet these weight 21 lbs...(couldn't find the weight online)

Also make sure your lug nuts are 60 Degree Cone seat lug nuts, which I think is what Tesla uses. EDIT, I just checked this is what Tesla uses, so stock lug nuts work great.

14 x 1.5 mm studs and lug nuts
- 60 deg. cone face seats
- 129 ft-lbs torque
- The stud protrudes approximately 16-17 mm into the lug nut with the stock wheels when the lug nuts are torqued to 129 ft-lbs
Thanks for taking the time to compare to OEM. I’ll email them and ask what the load rating is, and why they don’t designate these as a tesla replacement and report back here.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
I just spoke to someone at evasive motorsports about the 20 inch rims they have online.

Titan 7 T-S5 Wheel - 20x9.0 / 5x120 / Offset +36 (Machine Black)

He said they do not list load rating data for their wheels, and said most companies don’t. He did not think there were any issues with fitting this on a model S. He said it’s not an SUV, I said well it’s as heavy as some SUVs. He said for a forged wheel like the T-S5 that he’s not concerned.

Thoughts?

I just spoke to someone at evasive motorsports about the 20 inch rims they have online.

Titan 7 T-S5 Wheel - 20x9.0 / 5x120 / Offset +36 (Machine Black)

He said they do not list load rating data for their wheels, and said most companies don’t. He did not think there were any issues with fitting this on a model S. He said it’s not an SUV, I said well it’s as heavy as some SUVs. He said for a forged wheel like the T-S5 that he’s not concerned.

Thoughts?
I dont like that answer, they are required by law to have a load rating, granted mono block forged will be the strongest, but how strong?

Here is some more background on the wheel.
Titan 7 Forged Wheels Review • Buildjournal

Marking requirements:
The markings that are required by DOT are as follows;
Wheel Load – this is the maximum load that the wheel is designed to carry. The wheel load is determined by taking 50% of the heaviest axle rating of the vehicle (GAWR – gross axle weight rating). Example; if your heaviest axle weight rating is 3000 lbs then your wheel load requirement would be 1500 lbs.
Wheel size (example 15×8).
Wheel manufactures name, trademark or symbol.
Date of manufacture of the wheel, indicating month and year.
Manufacturers part number or code
Country of manufacturer.
The symbol “DOT” constituting a certification by the manufacturer of the rim that the rim complies with all applicable vehicle safety standards.

Source: Are Your Wheels Safe? - Performance Plus Tire

I would call back and get a different sales rep and or have a model 3 customer take pictures of the stamps on the wheel and post them.

Last edited:
Wonder what theses would look like on a Model S..
Titan 7 T-S5 Wheel - 19x9.5 / 5x120 / Offset +45 (Machine Black)
Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 1.08.59 AM.png

Last edited:
Guys your fitments are too conservative. 5mm lower offset than stock won’t look good with a 22” TS-5. I have Vossen ML-X2 currently that are much lower offset than stock and could’ve gone lower.

If I were doing it again I’d do a 22x10.5 square setup allowing a 285 tire on all 4 corners and a lower offset in the rear. That will solve the mismatched overall diameter issue and therefore make fender gaps more uniform.

My current setup for reference. I know this is highly subjective but I feel Titan 7 missed the mark on the model 3 fitments.

Attachments

• 6D993095-EBC0-4CE8-AD4D-7A9635BC5C13.jpeg
    6D993095-EBC0-4CE8-AD4D-7A9635BC5C13.jpeg
    263 KB · Views: 111
  • 25725572-C961-406F-BAD2-C9A2EB53374D.jpeg
    25725572-C961-406F-BAD2-C9A2EB53374D.jpeg
    373.7 KB · Views: 110
  • C31260BD-80D3-4EA8-B8F6-C0128F37ADD4.jpeg
    C31260BD-80D3-4EA8-B8F6-C0128F37ADD4.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: Toos_Less