Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which Style/Size are you interested in?

• Model X T-R10 22x9 +35 / 22x10 +35 Staggered

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will let the poll go for another week or two. we will need more people interested to get the ball rolling on this so please help spread the word and if you are interested and haven't already, please make a vote.

to re-iterate, we will need 5 sets of square or 10 sets of staggered for that option to go into production. keep this in mind when choosing

It's hard to sell a wheel when you can't see it on the car.

@kev1n thanks for adding the MX specs. Any idea what the pricing will be for those?

unfortunately dont have any photos of these on an S or X but specs alone, they look promising. also they have somewhat similar design to some other wheels that you might be able to find online

going off the price scaling they gave me for 19's and 21's, im guessing something like ~765 for 20's and ~995 for 22's

1. yes these are Model S specs, i did mention in my post to comment below if further specs were needed.
2. here is the official reply from Titan7,
"We can go about it two ways -
  1. Make a wheel that will work for either X and S with a load rating for both cars. The wheel will be heavier.
  2. Make wheels individually rated for each which means the S wheel will be lighter than the X.
We can do both. "

im thinking option 2 is more likely, since Model S owners will want 19/21 and X owners will want 20/22
option 2 please.

The reason it's not popular is there will be very few of us experienced owners who want a 21 inch wheel on a car with a GVWR of 5000 lbs - you are just asking for trouble, which is why I ditched all the 21 wheels on all three Model S's we have owned. ( to be honest several wheels didn't survive the damage from road debris and potholes - remember this car has no spare - so you get the joy of paying $500 for a new tire and another $500 for a new wheel and more importantly your billable rate X the hours you sit on the side of the road pissssseeddd.. which was immeasurable as your watch your flight fly missing a critical customer appointment....arrrgghh_)
You can already see from the poll that 19 X 9 is the most popular. Also when we designed the Model 3 poll we intentionally avoided the 20's due to the known cracked wheel issues and the ridiclous weight gain. Also this size (19 X 9) was the most popular on the Model 3 too, as there are tons of good cost effective tires to meet everyones needs (All Season, Summer Sport and Winter M/S). I do believe a 20 on a Model S would be a safe option too, but I just want the weight as low as possible for better handling, less stress on the suspension and steering components, and lower watt per mile consumption. I also believe its a demographic issue too, the Model 3 buyers are younger and pay more attention to this stuff, us older guys who have kids in college, (which is only trumped by the older Model X crowd), don't really see the need for 21's, I'm not on a race track, I don't need to impress anybody, and the handling is already awesome in my P85+ on the current daily driver 19's that have been on it for 80,000 miles without any issues!!! My wife won't notice a change either in her 90D.. she didn't notice when I pulled the 21's and moved to 19's.

I think @Flyguy is onto something, I bet the 20's would be a very popular size for the Model S, if they were added to this poll, since there is a market gap there (no competition from Arachnids and the battle damaged stock 21's) that have flooded the market. I would NEVER pay $2K for a flow formed crap that some of the other vendors are pushing on the market, when you could get 19's or 20's in Mono-block forged for around the same price.

New survey compares demographic of Tesla Model X vs. Model S buyer

Last edited:
Reactions: outdoors and Flyguy
It would fit, just need a center bore ring adapter to get it from: 66.9 to 64.1mm. Also would need to double check the axle load for these wheels. Tesla Model S needs ~ 1250 lbs per wheel to get to the 5000 lbs GVWR.

+36 moves the wheels more outboard away from the axle for a more aggressive stance. I bet 4mm wouldn't even be noticeable. Also these are a steal, compared to the Arachnids which weight a lot more. bet these weight 21 lbs...(couldn't find the weight online)

Also make sure your lug nuts are 60 Degree Cone seat lug nuts, which I think is what Tesla uses. EDIT, I just checked this is what Tesla uses, so stock lug nuts work great.

14 x 1.5 mm studs and lug nuts
- 60 deg. cone face seats
- 129 ft-lbs torque
- The stud protrudes approximately 16-17 mm into the lug nut with the stock wheels when the lug nuts are torqued to 129 ft-lbs

Last edited:
Reactions: Flyguy
I selected 19" & 21" but what I would most be interested in would be right in the middle. I would be interested in a Model S T-S5 wheel in 20x9 so I can have a large wheel while still being able to run an all-season tire for year-round use. I guess the 19" would be the next best thing of the options you've put forth but if I'm going to go 19" there's a lot of options out there for much less money to include several OEM designs that I can get used with tires already mounted for cheap.

Also, I would suggest starting a separate thread for the Model X pole and one for the Model S pole as there's a lot going on and I think you'd get more input if the pole was less cluttered at first glance to most users. I would also include a basic photo of each wheel in question right at the top and explain it's only two different wheels in various sizes to clear up any potential confusion. Many don't want to sit through a full video unless the image catches their eye and they want to see/learn more.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Just looking on website, there is a 20” option that looks like it should fit a Model S.

Titan 7 T-S5 Wheel - 20x9.0 / 5x120 / Offset +36 (Satin Titanium)

Is the +36 offset a dealbreaker?

keep in mind this is probably not load rated for a model S/X

I selected 19" & 21" but what I would most be interested in would be right in the middle. I would be interested in a Model S T-S5 wheel in 20x9 so I can have a large wheel while still being able to run an all-season tire for year-round use. I guess the 19" would be the next best thing of the options you've put forth but if I'm going to go 19" there's a lot of options out there for much less money to include several OEM designs that I can get used with tires already mounted for cheap.

Also, I would suggest starting a separate thread for the Model X pole and one for the Model S pole as there's a lot going on and I think you'd get more input if the pole was less cluttered at first glance to most users. I would also include a basic photo of each wheel in question right at the top and explain it's only two different wheels in various sizes to clear up any potential confusion. Many don't want to sit through a full video unless the image catches their eye and they want to see/learn more.

if theres at least one more person that want this, comment below and ill get it added

just keep in mind i cant edit the original post, i have to contact a mod each time for any changes so i hate to keep hassling them for edits.

if theres at least one more person that want this, comment below and ill get it added

just keep in mind i cant edit the original post, i have to contact a mod each time for any changes so i hate to keep hassling them for edits.
I understand. My comment was addressing your post previously about lack of interest to this thread. I still feel as though it's largely a format issue in this instant information society in which we live. I was thinking that if you started two entirely new threads with those couple of adjustments I think you may get more attention and feedback but that's just my opinion.