Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too soon for 'turning it into a convertible' jokes?

Presumably they are unwilling to deliver as is?

Good thought - they said that, I guess there's a structural integrity issue - but will check. I'd rather have it if driveable. Maybe someone else at Heathrow today can look around for a white/white SR+ with cracked roof to verify how bad it is....

Going to try and get a loaner like @RjbT3 - how long did you get it for?

Last edited:
Did they mention anything else other than the roof :D

https___api.thedrive.com_wp-content_uploads_2019_05_Tesla.jpg

Source Shocking Video of Tesla Model 3 Skewered by Guardrail Has Us Scratching Our Heads

Just been called by Tesla to be told that the car I'm picking up in 22 hours has a cracked roof - and that there is no way they can fix or replace until end of October.

Have sold other car, train tickets sorted, and so far they have no plan for me.

Chap that called is now talking to his manager, and they'll get back to me.....

:(

Will have update for sheet when I can.

I hope they sort you out given the circumstances and fact you've sold the other car. I'm doing the same this week prior to my delivery appointment at the weekend.

Although this does beg the question - did 3 African elephants try and sit on your roof? :cool:

Reactions: ME_UK
Just been called by Tesla to be told that the car I'm picking up in 22 hours has a cracked roof - and that there is no way they can fix or replace until end of October.

Have sold other car, train tickets sorted, and so far they have no plan for me.

Chap that called is now talking to his manager, and they'll get back to me.....

:(

Will have update for sheet when I can.

UPDATE - Nobody called me back, am now in limbo with no idea whether I should go to Heathrow tomorrow (2 hour journey) in the hope that someone there can sort out a temporary car for me. Thinking I probably will do that, as I still have the last formal communication telling me to do so.

What department do you guys think is best to contact for delivery estimate?

Online webchat and Customer Service hasn't exactly been too helpful on this front. I know it is a bit of a lottery, but throwing around random months or "impossible to tell" is not good enough months down the line from ordering.
I don't know if it was relevant, but I seemed to suddenly get a delivery appointment and VIN once I phoned my sales team (who are in Bristol, but it seems other people also find their local sales showroom respond better). I phoned to correct an error in the spelling of my name as ordersUK had ignored my emails and I mentioned, nicely, that Tesla customer service was really unbelievably bad, post order, which was acknowledged. The guy I spoke to could see more information than we can online and he told me that my 09 Oct delivery estimate may well get pushed forward to meet the end of September rush for deliveries. A few hours later (coincidence?) I got an invoice by email with an alternate delivery location (Birmingham), a VIN & a collection time on Sat 28th September.
No idea if calling the sales team pushed the order forward, but it's worth a try. Good luck (& fingers crossed my car materialises on Saturday). Ordered 30th July, so I'm luckier than many on here.

The good news with the EST is that the money can actually arrive quite quickly. I got the email telling me they'd sent the money pretty much exactly 2 weeks after I'd sent them the invoice. I expected to be waiting another 3 to 5 working days for the money to arrive in my account but it was there the same day, which was great. Now I just need a car to spend it on...

Thanks @Rimigo , yeah that's what I thought. It's been nice to drive for a week. Good to experience it and be able to compare it to the M3 when I finally get it tomorrow or Tuesday. It's got FSD too so I'll have a good comparison to the standard AP. I wonder if I'll miss it. Not sure I will.

Yeah. That’ll be an interesting comparison from FSD back to standard AP. Would be interested in the results Rjb.

Reactions: Rimigo
So can’t believe it got a call out of the blue to say my car is ready and can pick up Saturday at 14:00 at Edinburgh. Happy Days. Only danger now is I don’t get my EST money. It has been 2 weeks since I sent my final invoice but when I phoned today they said it can take up to 3 weeks.

My car (White LR AWD/Black) isn’t due until 9 October. Applied for my loan from EST loan on 11th sept. Notice by email on Friday that loan was being paid. In my account today so less than 2 weeks.

Reactions: ME_UK
I don't know if it was relevant, but I seemed to suddenly get a delivery appointment and VIN once I phoned my sales team (who are in Bristol, but it seems other people also find their local sales showroom respond better). I phoned to correct an error in the spelling of my name as ordersUK had ignored my emails and I mentioned, nicely, that Tesla customer service was really unbelievably bad, post order, which was acknowledged. The guy I spoke to could see more information than we can online and he told me that my 09 Oct delivery estimate may well get pushed forward to meet the end of September rush for deliveries. A few hours later (coincidence?) I got an invoice by email with an alternate delivery location (Birmingham), a VIN & a collection time on Sat 28th September.
No idea if calling the sales team pushed the order forward, but it's worth a try. Good luck (& fingers crossed my car materialises on Saturday). Ordered 30th July, so I'm luckier than many on here.
Sales team? Is that the general sales number or a specific one? Thanks.

My car (White LR AWD/Black) isn’t due until 9 October. Applied for my loan from EST loan on 11th sept. Notice by email on Friday that loan was being paid. In my account today so less than 2 weeks.
That is very interesting, I sent them the invoice the day before you 10th Sept and they said no one can jump the queue as it is on a first come basis, so obviously BS. Still not on the payment run today, fingers crossed for tomorrow.

That is very interesting, I sent them the invoice the day before you 10th Sept and they said no one can jump the queue as it is on a first come basis, so obviously BS. Still not on the payment run today, fingers crossed for tomorrow.

I worked at Student Loans Company for a while. I ALWAYS send mail by next day, signed for delivery to any large organisation. As well as getting lost in the post, if items arrive they can easily be mishandled inadvertently.

I’m after a bit of advice.
I’m buying my Model 3 through my company - has anyone got experience of good company car insurance quotes?

Hi @Rimigo - you're probably better off starting a new thread on that, as you may not get the visibility, or number of replies you'd want here (people are coming to this with regards to order/delivery info, and the tracking of them etc.)

Cheers, James

M3 P+ Wht Wht/Blk

Well guys, after much angst and potential delivery dates I have finally managed to get invoice and collection instructions to pick up my car (ordered from Edinburgh on 12th July) this Friday .........in Manchester. So it is worth giving a call to your sales team and seeing if the car you are expecting but has “disappeared “ might be available to pick up at another branch. ( I have to admit it was the sales team that suggested it after I kind of “lost the place” a bit when my car disappeared from their delivery schedule !). Defo worth a shot. EST funds were paid in to my account within 10 days of emailing the invoice so scan and email probably better than post plus they acknowledge email by return. Good luck if you close but are still waiting

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
Status
Not open for further replies.