Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Member Spots Tesla Model Y in the Wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20200224_072021.jpg

Credit

The 21" are no doubt gorgeous but you would need perfect pavement - as the P3D 20" owners will tell you from their impact experiences.

IMO, the 20" Induction may be the sweet spot for looks & performance for a full 24/7 driving experience esp. in NoVa.
Agreed, 20" would be ideal but unfortunately the MY configurator doesn't allow that option with the Performance model. Your (current) options are either the (boring) 19" Gemini wheels OR add the Performance Upgrade which jumps to the 21" wheels. Unfortunately the 20" induction wheels aren't available with the performance model.

Agreed, 20" would be ideal but unfortunately the MY configurator doesn't allow that option with the Performance model. Your (current) options are either the (boring) 19" Gemini wheels OR add the Performance Upgrade which jumps to the 21" wheels. Unfortunately the 20" induction wheels aren't available with the performance model.
Understood - I think that shouldn't be so far out once either Tesla makes it available for accessories sale or owners start horse trading their P wheels.

I'm sure you could find someone to swap your 21" with their 20" wheels once you both take delivery.

Or maybe early release to employees or VIP's.

Tho - I wouldn't want an early model at any price....
I've got M3 VIN 00138x, and it's been as perfect as a copy coming off the line today. (Very minor cosmetic issues: scratched chrome trim piece and paint overspray on windshield/front pax windows.)

So I'll take your Y and let you wait for a higher VIN. (Except my Y order will lapse.)

Just curious about this change. Seems like a strange switch. Y to X seems a more equivalent move.
My main reason for staying with an S is that I know it already meets our needs for cargo space. The M3, which has served as our road trip car the past two years, is just a bit too tight for a several week road trip. Never had that problem with the S.

Yes, I may regret spending the extra ~$40K once I see the MYs out there, but as I plan for this to be my last car, it's a much more comfortable road tripper than what I expect the MY to be. (I"m not at all saying the MY will not be a great road tripper, just that free supercharging and a more refined ride in the S meets our projected needs better.)

Then again, if TSLA keeps dropping, I may need to go back to Plan Y. :rolleyes: