Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Member Spots Tesla Model Y in the Wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I will be disappointed when I hear that it is shorter in length and about the same width as Model 3. And those were *the* two things I did not like about model 3. I guess I will still wait till I test drive one.
But usable space will more in the Y esp.between the wheels axles.

So exterior length doesn't mean as much if they made the rear seats more adjustable, height & width bigger (from size comparison in pictures) & they made the frunk deeper.

But I fully suspect it will be the size of an Audi Q5

But usable space will more in the Y esp.between the wheels axles.

So exterior length doesn't mean as much if they made the rear seats more adjustable, height & width bigger (from size comparison in pictures) & they made the frunk deeper.

But I fully suspect it will be the size of an Audi Q5

Audi Q5 is 75” wide versus model 3 at 73”. If they add 2” to the Y width relative to the 3 then that would be great.

From this Pic, since the standard freeway line width is 12 ft a part. draw a line at the bottom of 3 and Y's tire and did a calculation, turn out the Y's width is around 1945mm=76.57 inch width (3 from left is 1798mm=71in), give it about 5% margin of error, the Y is still a little wider than 3. so 10% bigger in size during announcement maybe hold true

From this Pic, since the standard freeway line width is 12 ft a part. draw a line at the bottom of 3 and Y's tire and did a calculation, turn out the Y's width is around 1945mm=76.57 inch width (3 from left is 1798mm=71in), give it about 5% margin of error, the Y is still a little wider than 3. so 10% bigger in size during announcement maybe hold true

• Informative
Reactions: Aarons12 and VQTRVA
255/45R19
Diameter : 28.0"
Width : 10.0"
Wheel : 19" x 8-9.5"
Sidewall : 4.5"
Circum. : 88.0"
Revs/Mile : 720
or
255/40R20
Diameter : 28.0"