Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To buy or not to buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree, but not me, the delivery options were March 2, 3 or 4. I picked 4 as it's a Saturday and plan to give it a good look over but am hoping it's a good one.

I did see custom orders have been down all day for S and X, takes you straight to the inventory....seems they want them cleared and they are definitely moving in SoCal
I believe if you change your mind you can reject the VIN at least once. Even if that is no longer the case, you only loose the deposit.

The days of waiting months for MS seem to be past...

Reactions: Nickos
I was confused too but I decided to buy the inventory car. I am picking up the car today.
Ditto. Went with inventory S. Picking it up tomorrow. Saving was 12K Canadian. And Tesla has the extra 7K off for trade ins of S or X with FUSC, which I do. Not sure how long that offer will last. Won’t get HW4 but am willing to trade off potentially better FSD in the future for the deal.

Reactions: Destiny1701
I was confused too but I decided to buy the inventory car. I am picking up the car today.
Congrats! I just bought a (gently used) ‘21 last month. Quite thrilled with it, frankly.

I’ve always said the best car to buy is the one you want today. I’m done chasing the “it’s right around the corner” game. If it meets my needs now, then it’s perfectly fine to buy!

Enjoy the new S — I sure love mine. Will love it more when the new steering wheel hits. :)

Ditto. Went with inventory S. Picking it up tomorrow. Saving was 12K Canadian. And Tesla has the extra 7K off for trade ins of S or X with FUSC, which I do. Not sure how long that offer will last. Won’t get HW4 but am willing to trade off potentially better FSD in the future for the deal.

Bummed to see these trade in offers are only S/X, even if it was less with a 3/Y still seems like it would be helping accomplish the same goal, selling an S/X. FUSC is not worth that much in saving for Tesla would be my guess, even if I had it I would have only used it a total of three times.

Thanks. This does comfort me in my decision in that this means it may take a while before we see step improvements over today's tech.
Yeah, I agree. I think you can buy comfortably. I have a feeling more cameras will come after Cybertruck and then with your savings you could always consider a trade up hopefully without taking as much of a hit provided S/X new prices stay where they are right now.

Reactions: Nickos
Thanks. This does comfort me in my decision in that this means it may take a while before we see step improvements over today's tech.
Inventory 2023 Model S LR picked up Saturday. X traded in. If I ever have remorse Wednesday, I’ll remind myself of all the money I saved. ;-)

Btw, build seems pretty tight. Have not yet encountered initial quality issues.

Coming from a 2017, I’m appreciating the upgraded interior, screens, raven suspension and yes, the yoke. Polarizing topic I know but I quite enjoy it.