Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Buy out lease or not to Buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

My second Model S (2016 90D) is coming off lease. I purchased my first one (2013 85P) and traded it in on this one back in 2016 having 55k miles. I have about 33k miles (Lease is for 40k miles) - perfect condition. US Bank wants about 66K for buy out. I'm not sure if I should buy it or let it go. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thank You
Paul

Is there anything on your current vehicle that you absolutely do not want to lose that is no longer in production (i.e. pano sun roof, AP1)? Have you had good luck with this vehicle, or have you had many service center visits? What is your battery degradation like? Is the extra $10k+ to buy new outside your current financial situation? If you move to a new vehicle, would you lease again, finance, buy outright?

Agree that $66k buyout is high.

Hello All,

My second Model S (2016 90D) is coming off lease. I purchased my first one (2013 85P) and traded it in on this one back in 2016 having 55k miles. I have about 33k miles (Lease is for 40k miles) - perfect condition. US Bank wants about 66K for buy out. I'm not sure if I should buy it or let it go. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thank You
Paul
let it go and buy a new one.

In addition to the previous comments, the $7500 Fed tax rebate was added into your residual. That combined with the significant base price decrease by Tesla about 1 year ago means that it makes little sense to purchase vs. acquiring a new one (or used from private party).

Hello All,

Thank You
Paul
thats BS........tell’em to go to where the sun dont shine