Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Stagger or Unstagger rims?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings,
I am looking for some advice on rims. I have a 2020 Model X with 20" stock rims ( Front 20 X 9, Rear 20 X 9.5 ). I want to purchase aftermarket black turbine rims. I am not sure which setup to go with. EVwheeldirect has 20 X 8.5 wheels that accommodate 265/45/20 tires for front and rear. TSportsline has the staggered setup Front 20 X 9.0 and Rear 20 X 10 that accommodates 265/45/20 front and 275/45/20 rear. I am concerned that the 20 X 8.5 rims may be too thin. I am not sure if this will be an issue with performance and or warrantee. I was considering putting all-season tires on the new rims and winter tires on the stock rims. Thanks in advance for the advice and Happy Thanksgiving.

I got the Tsportline staggered setup in the dark grey. I put winter tires on stock rims and stock tires on the Tsportline rims. Personally think 8.5 inch is too thin of a look for the X. It's fine as a winter setup but I like the look of the fat meaty tires and rims. Think it suits the X very well.

Just get 4 x 9" from T sportline.

I purchased two extra 20"x9" Slipstreams from Tesla to have unstaggered and thus can rotate. I ended up with 265 Continental tyres which is 10 wide than original front 255s and 10 narrower than the original 275 rears. No rubbing on the front either.