Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Too late for referral code?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They do now. I used my referral code from my Model 3. A few months ago they said "not at this time", but then I tried again last week. They responded right away and they will review my account. Haven't heard back yet, but I'm pretty optimistic.
According to Tesla's support page the Model Y is not eligible.

Under "Limits":
Orders of Cybertruck, Model Y and used Tesla vehicles are not eligible.

Here's all I know about the Model Y and referral codes. From the email:

"We thank you for reaching out to Tesla Referral Program regarding referral codes. Please allow a few days for us to review your account and follow up on this request.

Thank you for utilizing Tesla's Referral Program to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy."

I also tried, asking my advisor to add it when he called to check in. I was quickly told that the "Cybertruck, Model Y and used Tesla vehicles are not eligible.", almost word for word, like he was reading from a script. Haha

I am hoping, although not very optimistic I can use my son's referral code at delivery (I will try one more time) so we both can get supercharger miles. If I recall, it took a year or so before the M3 codes were able to be used after initial deliveries.

Great, can you please send me your name and referral code? I will use you for my existing Model Y order. TD 941-685-3789

I didn't mean to imply there is anything special about my referral code. I'm just saying that I see it happening, and part of the reason why is that I get 1-3 referrals every day. It's better if you use someone else's referral code simply because it will mean a lot more to most Tesla owners than me.

Hi, if you have the name of someone who was allowed to add a Model Y referral code after their order was in, please share it...?
I got a referral code added to my order yesterday. I have a scheduled delivery date of the 27th of June though he did tell me that it was looking like it would be early so they'd call me when it got closer to ask if I want it earlier. The guy who added the referral code is from the Kansas City SC. I don't know how to check to see if my order has a referral code on it so I have to take him at his word that he did it. He said he has never had problems adding the codes.