Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Too Many Red with 19" wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2200.jpeg

Ahhhh and empty supercharging station... I pull in with just 6% battery life (cold rain is a battery drain)....

A few minutes later... Hmm looks just like my car....

A few more minutes.... Hmm another clone....

Well the Supercharger in Ardmore, OK looked like attack of the clones....

Where is an S/X or a different color when you need them?

(Mine is the middle one)

Poor TX one suffers the front license plate...

Are they strict with high penalties for no front plate in Texas. Many others on here live in place required states and never get bothered without one.
Depends where you drive. State Troopers, which are largely limited to highway patrol, are far more aggressive about it than most local PDs. So there are people here that have literally driven for decades w/o getting one, on the other existing my neighbourhood dumps me onto State Trooper central and we just a number of people this week get front plate tickets.

There is a $20 "fix it" ticket and there's a more expensive one ($200? maybe more), so whether it's a "big deal" or not is discretionary. I didn't ask what kind the Troopers were giving out this week. I'm avoiding it until the big push blows over. I've trailed behind/driven beside them on this highway before but this was a thing where they had several vehicles out including a motorcycle, mostly for speeding crackdown that they're trying to get a handle on after a couple back-to-back fatalities.

View attachment 360786

Ahhhh and empty supercharging station... I pull in with just 6% battery life (cold rain is a battery drain)....

A few minutes later... Hmm looks just like my car....

A few more minutes.... Hmm another clone....

Well the Supercharger in Ardmore, OK looked like attack of the clones....

Where is an S/X or a different color when you need them?

(Mine is the middle one)

Poor TX one suffers the front license plate...

I love the red with 19” wheels. If our S wasn’t already red our 3 would be.

Oh, and no front plate for me, even in TX. Just too nasty looking...

Are they strict with high penalties for no front plate in Texas. Many others on here live in place required states and never get bothered without one.

As Pete said above, the state troopers can be.

Local PD generally wont' pull you over for just a front plate violation, but if they pull you over for some other reason, they'll add the front plate violation to whatever else they pulled you over for.

Tesla definitely needs to increase (instead of decrease) their color selections. We have an MCR model S now, and if we get a Model 3 we will likely go with it again. It is a “good” red, but not the best. Would really like to see a traditional bright red or and a new brighter blue (like BMW’s Estoril blue). Heck, I’d love to see a bright yellow (yeah, I am “that guy”).