Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery but now a 2 week wait for paint issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a great experience at Excellence on Midwest. Totally customer oriented and great work. Incredibly refreshing experience after a lifetime of body shop horror stories. It’s the only place I will ever go for bodywork.

Tesla Service Paint Repair/Repaint Experiences...Please Share

I could cry - dent in my 2 week old Model 3

My car is at Excellence (Midwest) right now to fix up paint issues from delivery. My expectations are high based on your account. Crossing my fingers that they do a good job.

My previous best experience at a body shop was European Autobody in Woodbridge. Expensive as all heck but insurance was paying so why not. They are the only authorized Ferrari body shop in Canada. No, I don't own a Ferrari. ;)

Reactions: 03DSG
My car is at Excellence (Midwest) right now to fix up paint issues from delivery. My expectations are high based on your account. Crossing my fingers that they do a good job.

My previous best experience at a body shop was European Autobody in Woodbridge. Expensive as all heck but insurance was paying so why not. They are the only authorized Ferrari body shop in Canada. No, I don't own a Ferrari. ;)

I hope your experience is as good as mine was. I was very concerned about the potential outcome going into the process and ended up being very relieved.

At risk of taking this thread totally off topic, does anyone know if it's safe to apply Xpel paint protection film immediately after the body shop fixes up my paint issues? From what I understand, parts of my bumper will need to be repainted and then the clearcoat blended, or something like that. Does the paint need time to fully cure before it's safe to put on Xpel?

At risk of taking this thread totally off topic, does anyone know if it's safe to apply Xpel paint protection film immediately after the body shop fixes up my paint issues? From what I understand, parts of my bumper will need to be repainted and then the clearcoat blended, or something like that. Does the paint need time to fully cure before it's safe to put on Xpel?
Ask the paint shop if they do a bake or air cure. Air cure and you should wait up to 30 days apparently. Bake depends, my ceramic coater said you could immediately do it Budds in Oakville said 7 days after.

I'm struggling with this now because I'm having rear bumper re painted Oct 22 but want to do the ceramic coating. I'm checking if they can ceramic everything but the bumper asap, then do the rest after rear bumper is painted and cured.

Ask the paint shop if they do a bake or air cure. Air cure and you should wait up to 30 days apparently. Bake depends, my ceramic coater said you could immediately do it Budds in Oakville said 7 days after.

I'm struggling with this now because I'm having rear bumper re painted Oct 22 but want to do the ceramic coating. I'm checking if they can ceramic everything but the bumper asap, then do the rest after rear bumper is painted and cured.

That’s exactly what I did. Going in next week for the Ceramic on the rear bumper (painted Sept 7’th). My guy wanted 30 days for off-gassing to be sure. He’s also redoing the PPF on the drivers side headlight I had replaced for the LED strip out.