Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery today 33k Vin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fit and Finish were good not great, the tail lights need some attention. The advisor kept adjusting the hartch like it was going to solve it but it never did. The A-Pillar needs to be repainted and the rear fender and possibly the trunk due to a bubble in the paint. Their body shop is 1000% sure they can match it all no problem.. What do you guys think??? I LOVE the car it drives fantastic. The interior is in good shape, the real panel in the back seat doesn't sit flush but besides that it's good. I will post photos later today.

33xxx VINs are not the answer eager buyers would have wished for. Tesla is Vegas. House odds in favor of accepting more so than rejecting.
I dont think there will ever be a VIN range that is truly flawless. It comes down to how particular an individual is and each specific vehicles issue.

Tesla is not the only manufacturer with this issue but they definitely are higher on the list for them.

Reactions: richyrich
I dont think there will ever be a VIN range that is truly flawless. It comes down to how particular an individual is and each specific vehicles issue.

Tesla is not the only manufacturer with this issue but they definitely are higher on the list for them.
They’re one of the few in which most of their cars are above 40k.

With their ethos, a lot of the complaints go away when their production costs come down and they’re selling cheaper cars that will be robo-taxid. Right now they’re playing in the premium personal car ownership space, which has expectations that aren’t totally aligned with what Tesla values. Positive societal change from improved technology is not coterminous with valuing the individual customer spending their savings.

I am picking up a 33xxx in Canada later this week. Sounds like your issues aren’t too bad?

I agree other manufacturers have issues but people just aren’t looking for them. Was looking at my BMW X3 and it has some odd gaps too that I wasn’t even looking for back then

Reactions: richyrich
@eldender I'm looking to replace my BMW X3 with the MY as well (also in Canada). Will be placing my order later this week. Did you do a trade-in on your X3 or sell privately? If the latter, can you share the details in a DM (year, kms, price, location, how long it took to sell?)

@eldender I'm looking to replace my BMW X3 with the MY as well (also in Canada). Will be placing my order later this week. Did you do a trade-in on your X3 or sell privately? If the latter, can you share the details in a DM (year, kms, price, location, how long it took to sell?)

Where in Canada are you?

I am trading it in. When I account for the tax savings I’m really only a few thousand off from what I would sell for privately and so was worth it to save the hassle

Where in Canada are you?

I am trading it in. When I account for the tax savings I’m really only a few thousand off from what I would sell for privately and so was worth it to save the hassle

I'm in Waterloo, ON - Tesla quoted me 16k for trade-in and I see the same year/mileage on Autotrader for high 20's. Blackbook quotes 16-21k for a trade-in so if I can get them to move to the mid-point then the hassle of selling privately can go away.

I'm in Waterloo, ON - Tesla quoted me 16k for trade-in and I see the same year/mileage on Autotrader for high 20's. Blackbook quotes 16-21k for a trade-in so if I can get them to move to the mid-point then the hassle of selling privately can go away.

What year is your X3?

I have heard Tesla doesn’t negotiate in Canada on trade in values.

By all means a private party sale should bring you more. In Texas the sales tax saving on a trade can be substantial. If Tesla offered me $50,000 on a trade, I would have to get $53,125 in a PP transaction to make up for the lost sales tax benefit.

Agreed, however 16k trade-in is effectively 18k savings, but private could still be over 24k. I'm thinking of putting in the order and refreshing the tradein quote, try to sell privately and if that doesn't close before delivery, get them to honor the trade-in quote.

I only had a couple of weeks between submitting trade in and scheduled pickup. So if you’re going to try to sell privately you should list it ASAP!

I only had a couple of weeks between submitting trade in and scheduled pickup. So if you’re going to try to sell privately you should list it ASAP!
Also something to note: If you have a loan, figure out how long it takes for them to release the lien and then for your state to release the title.

Example: In Texas (using BOA), it takes BOA 8 days to confirm receipt of the payment. After those 8 days, they will electronically release the lien. It then takes the state 10 days to get you your title (assuming no delays). So that is a minimum of 18 business days till you will be able to sign over a title to the new buyer.

Just something to consider so you can all plan accordingly if private selling