Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took Delivery Yesterday - WOW!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title says, took delivery yesterday of our new Obsidian Black LR RWD Model3. Two weeks ago my wife and I visited the Tesla showroom to buy, wondering whether we could find a LR RWD, or have to settle for a MR RWD and get delivery by the end of the year to take advantage of the full tax benefit. The salespeople at the Brea showroom were able to find us this car (they actually found several, this is the one we picked). We took delivery in Costa Mesa yesterday morning.

This is my second BEV, I traded in a 2015 Ford Focus Electric that I drove for 38,500 miles over 3 1/2 years. The Model3 just blows the FFE away in every category. I'm still trying to figure everything out on the new car, and I'm sure I'm going to have questions, but looking forward to being a part of this community.

Keith

As the title says, took delivery yesterday of our new Obsidian Black LR RWD Model3. Two weeks ago my wife and I visited the Tesla showroom to buy, wondering whether we could find a LR RWD, or have to settle for a MR RWD and get delivery by the end of the year to take advantage of the full tax benefit. The salespeople at the Brea showroom were able to find us this car (they actually found several, this is the one we picked). We took delivery in Costa Mesa yesterday morning.

This is my second BEV, I traded in a 2015 Ford Focus Electric that I drove for 38,500 miles over 3 1/2 years. The Model3 just blows the FFE away in every category. I'm still trying to figure everything out on the new car, and I'm sure I'm going to have questions, but looking forward to being a part of this community.

Keith

If you don't mind, what is the build date on it? On the driver side door jam. Wondering what the history of these California inventory cars are.

My first attempt, sales advisor was about to match me up with 2 potential AWD built week prior to my order on 10/13, located at Marina del Ray. Next day one of them was taken.

It looks like Tesla is purposely sending extra cars to so Cal area because they do get purchased. This market must be an analyst dream.

I imagine what they are producing in volume right now will help delivery centers with walk-in type buyers for this year. Since I'm pretty sure European destinations require different things on the car (and some with steering wheel on the right), once production starts on those line of cars any extra inventory here in the States will help them get cars in the hands of those purchasing next year stateside as well I would think, plus more cars available for test drive purchase incentives.

Campfamily, welcome to the Tesla family!

I was thinking more of the statistics of walk in buyers in California outweighing reservation/orders East of Colorado judging from people's delivery wait posts. Id like to see the spreadsheet or dashboard on those numbers.

Or logistics farther than 2 states from Fremont really is one big mess and they mistakenly send cars to so Cal but just get lucky with sales.