Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top Menu

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The file name says g-iii so I'm guessing it has something to do with news about the gen3 car.

or something about the 3G connecton.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it hard to believe that they could have an actual vehicle launch event with press, guests, etc. on 12/17 without more news leaking out. Maybe this is more of a small "preview" event with a live webcast and website update with actual launch events next year.

Since we're speculating. I'll go with a Gen III "platform" introduction blog/webcast/teaser video on 12/17 and that the "SLI\" letters have something to do with the vehicle designations. So maybe a "Model L", "model I", "Model "V", or model "\"??

It has been mentioned in the press that they may be build three vehicles on the Gen III platform (Tesla Plans Two More Launches: A Smaller Crossover SUV, Sports Car | Autopia | Wired.com). Maybe the Model "\" is the half size version of the Model "X". :)

Ok, so instead of SLIV combine the L and I and you have SUV.

So something is happening at 7 on Monday?

I like this. I think this may be why the seven is '7' and not 'seven'. But what time zone? Probably PST.

I'd be shocked if it were a major announcement. Wouldn't Tesla want to make a REALLY big deal out of something as major as the Gen-III announcement?
Just guessing here; don't assume that mods have special insight here (or, at least, this mod!).

I would be more shocked that Tesla uses the TMC website to announce anything big. And this mod also!

The only thing given away is that it relates to the Gen3. I'm putting in my guess that they'll release an image of a vague silhouette outline of the Gen3 like they gave us for the Model X.

not a given ... the iii could be related to 3 phase and the announcement is around the EU 3 phase support and/or the first finalize emails going out across the pond being as monday seems to be the new day when they send out the finalize emails.