TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Top Speed On A 2017 Model S 75

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by BuniBunie, Jul 9, 2017.

1. BuniBunie

BuniBunie Member

Before I bother Tesla, I want to know if it is the same everywhere. So I am on an interstate highway and I noticed that the maximum speed I can travel is only 85 mph. I am on a full charge also. Is this normal for model S75 or could mine be faulty?

2. CameronB

CameronB Member

Your car may be in demo or valet mode. I know those have limited speed/performance. Especially if it is a showroom car you purchased, that would probably explain it. As I understand, in addition to top speed limit, it also has a limit of about 100kw (check the energy graph) output in full acceleration.

That'd be my guess

3. Pezpunk

Pezpunk Member

yeah that ain't right. let the service center know.

4. BuniBunie

BuniBunie Member

Thanks guys. I will contact them on Monday to follow up. I will also update the thread afterwards.

5. DaveM410

DaveM410 Member

You should call service today (weekend) & have them correct it over the air..... It's a beautiful day in Maryland for a (full-speed) Sunday drive!!

6. Vern Padgett

Vern Padgett Proud and Grinning Model S90D owners

Should be 155 mph, right? Or only 140 mph?

7. Genohmic

Genohmic Member

I had an extended test drive two weeks ago with a 90D where I was able to take the car for a 2 day period. I found out within about 15 minutes that I was electronically limited to 85mph. I was hoping for at least 88 a la Back to the Future but I guess that would be asking for too much. I'm sure that its an easy fix for the service center to solve that problem.

• Informative x 1
  8. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

The Model S 75 is limited to 140 mph and the 100 is 155 mph :cool:

upload_2017-7-9_15-39-34.png

• Informative x 1
  9. Pezpunk

Pezpunk Member

i am 100% certain my P100D could break 200mph with a second gear. it's got far more power than some other 200mph cars.

10. BuniBunie

BuniBunie Member

Thank you all. As DaveM140 pointed out, I called the Service Center yesterday (Sunday) and before I could explain what the issue is, the lady on the other end seemed to understand exactly what the issue is and removed the limitation over-the-air. You all are awesome. Pictures of my Blue Dragon coming up shortly

• Like x 1
  11. BuniBunie

BuniBunie Member

Here it is. I just need to find some more customization like Tesla image on door handles, etc.

WhatsApp Image 2017-07-10 at 12.10.55 PM.jpeg

• Like x 1
  12. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

for legal reasons i cannot tell you what the maximum speed my Model S has reached ;)

• Funny x 2
  13. Vern Padgett

Vern Padgett Proud and Grinning Model S90D owners

#13 Vern Padgett, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    Hi BuniBunie,
    If you are looking to customize, you might want to buy the Evannex wheel rim protectors. I picked up two sets today at the post office. They glue onto the edges of the wheel and protect you against curb rash. They look good. $99 for one set. I bought two sets.
    Probably go with black for your pretty blue car.
    Vern

14. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

• Informative x 1