Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top Speed On A 2017 Model S 75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before I bother Tesla, I want to know if it is the same everywhere. So I am on an interstate highway and I noticed that the maximum speed I can travel is only 85 mph. I am on a full charge also. Is this normal for model S75 or could mine be faulty?

Your car may be in demo or valet mode. I know those have limited speed/performance. Especially if it is a showroom car you purchased, that would probably explain it. As I understand, in addition to top speed limit, it also has a limit of about 100kw (check the energy graph) output in full acceleration.

That'd be my guess

I had an extended test drive two weeks ago with a 90D where I was able to take the car for a 2 day period. I found out within about 15 minutes that I was electronically limited to 85mph. I was hoping for at least 88 a la Back to the Future but I guess that would be asking for too much. I'm sure that its an easy fix for the service center to solve that problem.

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Should be 155 mph, right? Or only 140 mph?

The Model S 75 is limited to 140 mph and the 100 is 155 mph :cool:

upload_2017-7-9_15-39-34.png

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Thank you all. As DaveM140 pointed out, I called the Service Center yesterday (Sunday) and before I could explain what the issue is, the lady on the other end seemed to understand exactly what the issue is and removed the limitation over-the-air. You all are awesome. Pictures of my Blue Dragon coming up shortly

Reactions: Pezpunk
Hi BuniBunie,
If you are looking to customize, you might want to buy the Evannex wheel rim protectors. I picked up two sets today at the post office. They glue onto the edges of the wheel and protect you against curb rash. They look good. $99 for one set. I bought two sets.
Probably go with black for your pretty blue car.
Vern

Last edited: