Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Topfit vs Generic Aluminum Pedals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my topfit model 3 pedals. The rubber on the accelerator pedal doesn't seem very well adhered to the "metal" part. Adhesive seems weak and incomplete. I haven't heard this mentioned in any reviews- defective?

Buying products made in China is liked gambling. Cheap one can be good in quality and expensive one can be bad in quality or vice versa. There are many performance pedals on Amazon from $13-$30. The Topfit seems the most popular with many reviews, including the video in this forum. I read many people complaining that the accelerator pedal is very hard or impossible to install. The video above shows how to install the Topfit accelerator pedal, it does not work for me. I put the accelerator pedal in the zip-lock and place it in boiling water no more 2 minutes to avoid the glue from detaching and it does not work. Finally, I got it to install by sliding it from top to bottom. I also read the older generation of the Topfit, many people were having problem with the rubber glue detached from the metal piece.

I am very happy so far with the Topfit on my MYLR. The stainless steel (not painted) looks very nice and the quality is really good. The glue is very strong so far. The reason this pedals are hard to install, especially on the accelerator is because the rubber is very thick therefor it can hold very strong. The brake pedal is very easy but I spent almost an hour to install the accelerator pedal and my finger got really sore and numb but the result is very nice.

pedals.jpg