TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Toronto SuperCharger and Cars in Service

Discussion in 'Canada Supercharger locations' started by iKhalid, Jun 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

My Model S is currently with the service centre in Toronto due to an issue I recently had. They won't be able to work on my car until Tuesday or Wednesday, so I assumed they would leave it in the lot until then (it had around 55%). However, they kept it connected to the supercharger since Saturday.

I feel terrible that the car is plugged for the entire weekend, so I left a note on PlugShare. I'm not sure why they would do that, especially in a super busy supercharger like Lawrance.

• Informative x 3
  2. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

There a 3 or 4 car queue to charge last time I was at Lawrence...

3. sakimano

sakimano Active Member

Mine was there for service, and was parked at the SC for an extra couple of hours past full charge. I actually got notices from Tesla that I'd be charged idling fees. will be interesting to see if they send me a bill somehow.

4. SmartElectric

SmartElectric Active Member

I suspect you parked it plugged into the supercharger, and then left, am I right?

When I had a recent service appointment, I plugged in, then saw the service adviser, then we walked out to the car, and he drove it over to the back lot. I made sure they moved my car to the back lot to free up the supercharger space. Perhaps you didn't do this?

5. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

No, that wasn't the case. I left it on the building side facing the service desks.

• Helpful x 1
  6. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I guess they're trying to generate some of that "Idle Fee" revenue :)

• Funny x 2
  7. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Active Member

Once they lease the other half of that building, things will improve greatly! It's just a matter of time before the landlord says ok and moves his business including the helipad.

8. rypalmer

rypalmer Active Member

That helipad has been a big WTF for me for a long time. FYI, Tesla has recently taken over that parking lot/helipad.

9. rpm001

rpm001 Member

Hopefully they're going to use the helipad for autonomous flight mode testing. :D

Seriously though, I've asked about adding more superchargers there a couple times and they've always said no.

10. wayner

wayner Active Member

If they build the eight SuperChargers scheduled for the GTA this year it should greatly alleviate demand at Lawrence.

• Like x 3
  11. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

When you say 8 Superchargers do you mean 8 different locations? If so, where are they being built? Will there be multiple chargers at each location? What is the time frame for this?

12. DMC-Orangeville

DMC-Orangeville 85D and John Deere 5100E

Most are "scheduled" for this year......but, Tesla time
    Map: Find Us | Tesla,
    Click on the grey balloons for details

13. wayner

wayner Active Member

Locations include Toronto, Mississauga, Meadowvale, Concord, Vaughan, Markham, North York, Pickering and presumably they will build about 8 SCs at each location.

14. rpm001

rpm001 Member

Yes, this buildout will be awesome! As soon as anyone sees any signs of construction, make sure to post here and on supercharge.info !

15. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Active Member

Dream on folks!

• Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1