Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touch Screen Clean Mode Turn Off Airbag?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it is NOT a bug, if you don't have a passenger. It is law/regulation to show if airbag is on or off, mainly off. If it is off, then it has to be displayed on the IC instead of main screen since in clean mode. Not a bug at all - but a requirement/precaution.

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
I think it is NOT a bug, if you don't have a passenger. It is law/regulation to show if airbag is on or off, mainly off. If it is off, then it has to be displayed on the IC instead of main screen since in clean mode. Not a bug at all - but a requirement/precaution.
yeah someone on reddit said that it's because in clean mode it expects you are cleaning the screen, then the passenger airbag will be turned off (I'm confused and surprised at that tbh)

Maybe the passenger is expected to be leaning far forward (ie too close to airbag) when cleaning the screen, so they purposely turn off the airbag to prevent passenger injury?

Have to be especially cautious with the explosive Takata airbags. Cleaning your screen could be as dangerous as landing on Normandy 73 years ago.