Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
called in today. Apparently there are 4 un-allocated towbar cars available if you are perhaps willing to compromise on colour (possibly?) or range selection (unlikely)... 2 LR AWD (perl white and a MSM, both black interiors I think) and 2 SR+ (one black, one white). You'd also have to collect from where ever they are destined for. If you would be willing to change and collect from wherever, give them a call!
Maybe coincidence, but I posted this to the sales advisor I'm in contact with, whose been moved to logistics temporarily to help with the Sept peak, and this lunchtime I got a collection appointment at Heathrow. :)

LR AWD, white/ black with tow bar.

Last edited:
called in today. Apparently there are 4 un-allocated towbar cars available if you are perhaps willing to compromise on colour (possibly?) or range selection (unlikely)... 2 LR AWD (perl white and a MSM, both black interiors I think) and 2 SR+ (one black, one white). You'd also have to collect from where ever they are destined for. If you would be willing to change and collect from wherever, give them a call!

Rep also confirmed that no more transporters are coming up to Edinburgh now until after the quarter end.

(there may have been 5, and I might be booking a trip to Manchester. Will see if the final invoice shows up over the weekend)
Took your advice and gave deliveries a call this morning......
The guy on the other end of the phone was really helpful and had a look on the system. he said there was nothing going to Leeds with my spec but there is one at Heathrow. Needless to say I snapped his hand off. Now have a hidden VIN in my source code and a pick up before the end of the month.

Rep also confirmed that no more transporters are coming up to Edinburgh now until after the quarter end.

(there may have been 5, and I might be booking a trip to Manchester. Will see if the final invoice shows up over the weekend)

Gutted if there's a LR AWD MSM/black with towbar available and unallocated.
I'm out of the country at the moment so not in a position to offer to collect from "anywhere" this quarter (which is probably what matters).
Order's been in since 9th May (day after towbar was announced, for "June delivery") and "nothing" from Tesla.
Last guess at a delivery date was "hopefully mid July". Have had to extend my EST loan offer as it was due to expire next week.
Glad to see the unicorns starting to appear, hopefully I have a chance of getting my car in October - would be collecting from Edinburgh SC too.
At least they dropped the price since I ordered.

Agreed. I now have hidden vin and pickup slot in Manchester. Waiting on final invoices etc tho.[/QUOTE
Have trailed the elusive unicorn for weeks now. Finally spotted one near West Drayton. It’s within my grasp. Just a few more days and I should have the thing reeled in before the Q3 deadline.
I have a real VIN and a time and date. Even got my insurance quote sorted and ready to go once I see the whites of its eyes (reg number).

Think I was less nervous waiting for my first born!,

Don’t know if people have already seen but there are 2 SR+ with towbars on the inventory list on Tesla’s site now!

Not the LRAWD white/white tow I’m waiting for though :/
Yeah I saw that. Was tempted to go for the red/white SR+ with tow. But then I thought that I should just be patient and wait for my white/white SR+ with tow. They’ve both gone now though.

Have trailed the elusive unicorn for weeks now. Finally spotted one near West Drayton. It’s within my grasp. Just a few more days and I should have the thing reeled in before the Q3 deadline.
I have a real VIN and a time and date. Even got my insurance quote sorted and ready to go once I see the whites of its eyes (reg number).

Think I was less nervous waiting for my first born!,
lol :)

Same place here. Time, place and official VIN, but no final invoice. Insurance quotes ready and waiting. Nervous about that missing invoice tbh.

• Love
Reactions: cypho
Today should be a happy day as it's my pick up tomorrow. However a ridiculous spanner has appeared in the works - the touch screen on my phone died this morning - I can see lots of messages from Tesla on lock screen but no way of accessing phone. Booked in for a repair on the phone, hopefully get that done after work. Failing that I'll rock up tomorrow and see what's happening.

Life... ;)

• Funny
Reactions: pmg102