Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't be this person:
GT5295_THE_LAST_UNICORN_DETAIL__78069.1428945333.jpg

pXDNakNBmke2pzdD7

For completeness

Here is the panel that removes to allow access to the tow socket and electrics.

Note 2p coin for twisting fasteners. I’ve packed one in the bag with the tow bar.

9FB24FE4-2E57-488F-B30C-02EE4D3150A0.jpeg

And when the panel is removed:
Here’s a view underneath. You can see the round blanking plug where the tow bar fits and the 13 pin socket for trailer electrics.

ABA44ED5-88DF-4916-BA9C-ABA59FD5B655.jpeg

Are we towing a bike rack ?

Well we have put bikes in it as well as everything else for an active family holiday.

It will be interesting to see what range we get. I’m not expecting it to be far, but it does turn a great sports saloon into a useful truck.

4C34C26A-79CD-47CE-A801-5DD943D47A67.jpeg

For completeness

Here is the panel that removes to allow access to the tow socket and electrics.

Note 2p coin for twisting fasteners. I’ve packed one in the bag with the tow bar.

View attachment 452292

And when the panel is removed:
Here’s a view underneath. You can see the round blanking plug where the tow bar fits and the 13 pin socket for trailer electrics.

View attachment 452293

Are we towing a bike rack ?

Well we have put bikes in it as well as everything else for an active family holiday.

It will be interesting to see what range we get. I’m not expecting it to be far, but it does turn a great sports saloon into a useful truck.

View attachment 452295

That's a pretty serious trailer! Let us know what the range impact is like. I wonder how much improvement you would see from improving the aerodynamics?

Just got a note from the delivery gb email saying the car I’m matched to is at the port of Philadelphia. Makes a change from what the SC Edinburgh said, which was that it’s on a boat.

These guys are such a tease.

Seriously?! Can't quite decide whether to laugh or cry.

I suspect the operation has now been taken over by the remaining Chuckle Brother. It's no longer "to me, to you" it's just "to me, to me"

Do they think we can't handle the truth?

Just got off the phone with UK delivery. Only waited 10 minutes to get through. Really helpful.
Said that I have not been allocated yet which I expected. He said that there will be a large batch allocated in a couple of weeks. I realistically had a date in my mind of late Sept/ early to mid October.
Whilst I am disappointed that I have not yet been allocated I am pleased with the service and attitude displayed by the chap I spoke to

Just got off the phone with UK delivery. Only waited 10 minutes to get through. Really helpful.
Said that I have not been allocated yet which I expected. He said that there will be a large batch allocated in a couple of weeks. I realistically had a date in my mind of late Sept/ early to mid October.
Whilst I am disappointed that I have not yet been allocated I am pleased with the service and attitude displayed by the chap I spoke to
Snap. Had a similar chat with Tesla yesterday.

Just spoke to Tesla. They said “they had received an update” that for LRAWD 19” combo expect end of Oct. I asked if tow bar would change this and they said that tow bars are no longer causing an issue. He felt confident I would be able to get a LRAWD 18” tow bar earlier if I wanted.

Got VIN in source code overnight. Called Tesla and they said should be first week of Oct but they are pushing hard to get delivered in Sept.

Mine is a LRAWD 19” with towbar, so another unicorn is on its way!
Maybe they found some 19"s in the cupboard and took my vin to convert for you. Lost my vin last night, now v sad :-(

Think I'm going to need to call the EST to extend my loan, it runs out mid Oct...